Options

Lincoln 1996P PCGS MS68RD Pop 40/0

For Sale

Lincoln 1996P PCGS MS68RD Pop 40/0

$180.00 delivered!!

mhnies@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    Well, you had my attention for a minute but then I checked the sell prices for the last 4 of these which were:

$167.50 on 10/15
    $145.86 on 11/2
    $150 on 11/11
    $104.50 on 1/21.

The price on this particular date has fallen quite a bit in the last 6 months. Sorry but them is the facts!image
    Mike--(2001 #1 PCGS MS Memorial Lincoln Registry Set Owner & 2007 #13 MS Memorial Lincoln Set Owner. Both Retired)
  • Options
    Thanks mustangman......

I had 2 of these coins, I sold the other one
    2 weeks ago for $200.

It goes without saying that the sales prices
    you quoted are not the ONLY sales happening
    out there.

I stand firm on my price.
  • Options
    You need to use mkt. prices or hold the coin. May well be worth $200+, but not today.
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • Options
    Guys.... He is offering a coin for sale not asking you what you think of his price.

The fact that the asking price is higher than you think it should be can better be handeled by PM. It is not like he is asking some ridiculous price, it sounds like a reasonable retail price. The fact that it has sold for less at auction is not a major issue.

Also aren't we suppose to consider the coin itself. Maybe the last sale at $104.50 for was for a real dog.

Let's all be nice!
    (PAST) OWNER #1 SBA$ REGISTRY COLLECTOIN
  • Options
    DRG....thank you very much!!!

For all us........I just sold it for my asking price of $180
  • Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    If a pop 40/0 1996-P is worth around $180, what would a pop 3/0 1997-p in ms68 be worth? Just curious.
  • Options
    I would think at least $1000.00 maybe much more!!!

A few weeks ago I sold a pop 22/0 memorial for $600
  • Options
    Hey DRG,

I was being nice and simply expressing the fact that I was interested in the coin, and the reason that I chose to pass on it. I did in no way bad mouth mhnies or say he was overpriced! It was simply my opinion and why I had that opinion. No more! No Less! I do not believe you are the PM police so image

Congrats on getting your asking price. It was worth the price, just higher than I wished to spend on that date.image
    Mike--(2001 #1 PCGS MS Memorial Lincoln Registry Set Owner & 2007 #13 MS Memorial Lincoln Set Owner. Both Retired)
  • Options

Just keep looking mustangman......you might get what you need at the price you want to pay.

Have a great day!!!!

Michael
  • Options
    Thank You. I did manage to get the number #1 set once and I firmly believe I can do it again. I am however now married and that makes the free cash flow much harder, whereas when I built my first #1 set, I just basically paid the asking price and moved on if it was a top pop coin. It's amazing how getting married changes things. image

I apologize if you were offended my my earlier post!image
  • Options
    No problem mustangman.....

Being married is costly, uh??

What I hear most is people telling me they must consult with
    their wife about purchases.....coins, guns, boats, cigars, etc......

I guess I am lucky in that way....married my high school sweethart
    30 years ago and did the best to fetch her up MY way.

It has worked out pretty well.....she is really a cheapskate and I am
    the opposite.....so I think it all evens out.

She has never wanted anything to do with the checkbook or financial
    matters so I take care of the money, give her whatever she wants
    (which is never much) and I do my own thing.

I suppose if I had a low income it would be different but I have been
    pretty lucky in my life and grateful for it.

Off the subject again but you don't know anyone that smokes premium
    cigars do you? I have about 40 fresh boxes of premium cigars I want to
    sell at a very deep discount!!

Not to worry.....no offense taken here mustangman.

Have a good one.........Michael