Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

GAMES ON VHS....or cards in our binders

in a way... we enjoy our lives and memories of things that happened to us through our sports and sport cards. the mere fact that all the games in all the sports are not COMPLETELY AVAILABLE gives us all the more reason to collect.....its unfortunate we cannot do both..

any comments?

Lothar52

Comments

• Options
    Is that a rotating Klingon symbol ???

Do you speak Klingonese ?

Do you think it is such a bad thing that every game ever played is not available for viewing ?

I mean, there is something to be said for participating in life, not just watching T.V., right ?
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Huh???? image
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .....its unfortunate we cannot do both.. image

To be is to do - Plato; To do is to be - Descarte; Scoobie doobie do - Sinatra
    Mike
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    all i meant is ...why cant we buy a few old baseball games of the 50's and watch them on TV...jesus....instead we can buy a baseball card and thats0 the closest besides ESPN classic we will ever get to SEE heroes from the past.

wouldnt it be neat to see mick crank a few out?? to see all the people in suits in the stands go wild....they used to all wear suits i think...heck i dont know ive never seen an old broadcast!!!....it would just be fun

appartently NOT though??

Live in future you say??? go watch AROD ya say???

• Options
    Lothar -

I apologize for having some fun at your expense - I was just messin around - I didn't get what you were saying until you clarified it - my dad took me to a few games when I was a kid and talked about Babe Ruth, DiMaggio etc. He's gone now and I think back on those days as the best - I do have an appreciation for where baseball was and is going - got your point loud and clearimage

Again, I personally apologize - Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    no i was referring to the wacko who asked me if i spoke klingonese.

no apology needed....image
  • Options
    I loved ESPN classic when I had it.

I'll never forget one saturday afternoon, I had just gotten a big chunk of 1954 Topps cards and was organzing them, while I was watching the 1955 World Series on ESPN Classic. It was a great time. To bad I moved and no longer get that channel.

They should sell DVDs full of old games.
  • Options
    mrc32

That is too bad, a few months back they showed a world series game from 1956 - the greats, Mantle, Berra, Robinson, Reese, Snider - by the way I was also watching a clip on Maris '61 and his style or hitting - after he hit one out, he would drop his head, almost immediately and start his home run jog - compare that to the stop - stare - strut of Bonds, Griffey e.g. - does anyone else perhaps notice a difference for how these guys acted? Or am I just imagining this - looking for a kinder, friendlier eraimage
    Mike