Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Collector's Grade Crossover's & Raw

My grades just posted for a group of SGC crossovers and a few raw cards from dealers. Cards were cracked out and submitted raw, and were not cherry-picked. Most came from E-Bay with those lousy E-Bay scans.

m116 Sport. Life Lobert SGC 7.......PSA 2 (no idea)
m116 Sport. Life Stahl SGC 7.........PSA 6
m116 Sport. Life Stanage SGC 5.5........PSA 6

T205 Gold Border J. Collins SGC 3..........PSA 3
T205 Gold Border Hartzel SGC 5..........PSA 4
T205 Gold Border Hauser SGC 5..........PSA 5
T205 Gold Border Lee SGC 5.5...........PSA 6
T205 Gold Border McLean SGC 5.........PSA 5
T205 Gold Border Schlei SGC 5...........PSA 6
T205 Gold Border Titus SGC 4............PSA 5

1933 Tattoo Orbit Campbell SGC 5........PSA 5
1940 Play Ball Mel Ott SGC 7...........PSA 7
1940 Play Ball Haines SGC 7...........PSA 8

1933 Tattoo Orbit Jurges (bought on E-Bay from Mike Wheat listed as Ex-Mt).......PSA 7
1940 Play Ball (picked the best 5 of a group bought sight unseen from Leland's as part of auction listed as "averages Ex")........4 PSA 7's, 1 PSA 8

Also had a few PSA OC's, that I got into non-qualified holders.

It seems to me the lower the grades the more "interpretation" can be made about what fits into particular grades. All in all, not a bad crossover, except for the Lobert PSA 2. That's a head scratcher.image

Invoice #551090 Zip Code 08225
Bernie Carlen

Currently collecting.....your guess is as good as mine.

Comments

• Options
    spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    Nice submission. You got some good bump ups on the T205s.

spacktrack
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    Thanks for posting the results.

Generally I think crossover results are similar to results one might have if resubmitting raw to the original company. On the T205s, I wonder what resubmission grades would have been from SGC.

4 7s and a 8 on the Average-Ex-lot is very good...
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting the results. Nice score on the Lelands lot, the Tatoo Orbit, and the 1940 Playball Haines.
    From a 7 to a 2 is quite a drop. I once had an ASA 8 drop to a PSA 3 because of back problems. Also, I had a beautiful 1937 OPC batter up that looked NM that was dropped to a 2 because of the most miniscule pin hole that did not break the surface.
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

<< <i>1940 Play Ball (picked the best 5 of a group bought sight unseen from Leland's as part of auction listed as "averages Ex")........4 PSA 7's, 1 PSA 8 >>

BERNIE - Overall not too bad. Regarding the '40 Play Ball lot as quoted above. How large was the lot? If this was the best 5 from it, do you foresee grading out the lower condition ones?...jay
  • Options
    PlayBallPlayBall Posts: 463 ✭✭✭
    Aro,

I'll have to check the PSA 2. I didn't scrutinize it particularly closely, so maybe SGC and I missed something. The only other possibility is that I unknowingly damaged it taking it out of the holder.

Jay,

There were 28 raw cards in the lot. I really was expecting all 6's. The rest of the cards, with the exception of 2 or 3, all have some type of problem that would keep them out of anything above a 5 holder. Funny thing is about 20 of them still were in Teletrade holders with the stickers on them.
    Bernie Carlen

Currently collecting.....your guess is as good as mine.