Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Welcome Davalillo

Jim.

I only know you from your posts here, however I would like to welcome you and thank you for listing your 1962 Parkhurst hockey set on the registry.

Have a great day..

Rob...
Collecting PSA Vintage Hockey

Comments

• BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Nice PSA 10 Hillman...that should provide some nice trade bait to complete the set in PSA 8s.
  • DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Robstar,

Thanks--sent in 4 hockey raw sets to be graded--all early 60s Topps and Parkhurst. I also have I believe the 53-54 Parkhurst set up.

My goal is to upgrade all of these sets to psa 8 and better. I have quite a few other raw hockey sets I may send in as well over the balance of 2004.

I was told I was not doing enough sets and it was becoming more difficult for certain dealers to find cards I needed so I had to add 13 more. I added four football last week and will be posting three more baseball sets, a boxing set(48 Leaf) and 1 non-sports(67 Who Am I).

Dav

Dav-

Was one of the sets you sent in .... 1962 Topps?
    John,

1962 Topps Hockey--I think so? Thats the only one I have not entered yet--probably because the first glance at the grades looked like it would be the lowest.

Jim
    Robstar,

Two quick comments on that set and a question.

1)I have both the 30 and 31 Howe's in psa 8 but psa numbered them both 30--this sort of stuff seems to happen a lot with me so I have to decide if to send it in.

2)A psa 10!! Not many cards from 1962 I would imagine get a 10 although I have not checked the pop.

3)My raw set did not come with a game card. Is this a tougher card?

Dav
  • Davalillo

The Game card is not a hard card to find. SMR on it is $175.00 and it can usually be found on ebay for 40-70 % of SMR. Its a card that is only desirable to set collectors so ive seen it sell for as $55. The 62-63 Parkhurst set is generally one of the easiest hockey sets to find high grade cards because of a find in the early 90's

<< <i>The 62-63 Parkhurst set is generally one of the easiest hockey sets to find high grade cards because of a find in the early 90's >>

but finding cards that do not have toning is a whole different ballgame
  • <<but finding cards that do not have toning is a whole different ballgame >>

John

I have to disagree on that one . When i put my set together that was a pet peeve and it was no problem working around it waiting for cards with little or no toning to show up. It took me about 6 months with 80 % of the buys off of ebay. The ones that are toned arent from "The Find". The checklist is the bear of the set . I never find an 8 so i put out the cash to buy a 9.

You are correct that you cannot buy these cards sight unseen because the ones that are toned certainly distract a great deal from the appeal of the card

Randy

Randy-

Is your set registered? Lately most that Ive seen on eBay have been toned...heck even some PSA 9s have toning.

John
  • Hi John

I sold my set in October of 2002. Its registered under Lanny7 in all time finest.

The last lot of raw 62-63's i sent into PSA in July of 2003 and sold on ebay last September. I received 20% 9's 75% 8's and 5% 7's.
    Wow, that was quick.

No sooner do I register my set than a set registry and message board contributor e-mails me and offers to finish my 62 Parkhurst set with all 8s and 9s and then gives me significant help on my 63 set.

I love you hockey guys.

Dav
  • Dav,
    And while we are at it, Welcome to the FB club as well. I see that you have started high on most of the sets I saw and in fact have led to the decline of at least one of the "Fuzzdude" sets. Great job and nice start. Welcome to group.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
    Thanks Fuzz, you guys have been very welcoming as well.

Somebody e-mailed me last night with 38 upgrades or cards I needed for 66 and 67 sets.

Not sure if you collect these but plan to submit during 04, 61 Kahn FB, 65,66 and 67 Philly sets, 68 Topps and a couple of Canadian football sets I have.

Dav
  • shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    Hey Fuzz and Jim,

I almost got to stay in the number 4 spot for three whole days this time.... before Jim came raining in on my parade....... Thanks JIM!!!!!image

Hmmmm.... 66 and 67 football upgrades ..... smells like a Redskins fan to me..... Thanks Art!!!image

I'm going to go to my room and pout now....

Oh yea...... welcome to #*%$! 1966 Football Jim!

Mike
    "Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Not i Mike,although i did ask Jim about a few cards in trade for others i did not hear back so i guess answer was no image But either way glad to have dav aboard maybe it will bring some more high graded cards out of the woodwork.67 philly and 68 topps next jim? NOW THAT MY DOMAIN!!!! welcome aboard
    Art,

Sorry. I did not have enough time to check out all the pops and evaluate the trade. Promise to get back to you by the weekend.

Art and Mike,

Thanks for the welcome.

Fuzz,

We won't tell these guys who is feeding me the 66 and 67 Topps, okay?

Dav

• Dav,
    I promise not to tell if you don't.
    Fuzz
    PS. Some of my 66 FB friends drink.
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    Hey Fuzz,

You can tell us now.... Jim's not listening anymoreimage

Hey Jim,

I'm drinking one right now for you buddy...... I thought I'd top this thread so that the "Welcome Davalillo" thread could be right up next to the "Davalillo Got Booted" thread for a couple of minutes. Kind of a little mini tribute to you. (I get sentimental when I'm drinking.)

psst... Jim, I got some 1966 SGC 88's you might be interested in.

(still pulling your lillo, man)image

Mike

"Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/