Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1930's autograph books PSA/DNA results

I just received my first autograph submission back from PSA/DNA. I had two 1930's autograph books examined and they came back to be valid authentic 1930's signatures. The book contains early signatures of Honus Wagner, Casey Stengel, "Judge" Landis, Hack Wilson, "Ki Ki" Cuyler, "Rabbit" Maranville, Knute Rockne, Al Simmons, "Dazzy" Vance, "Red" Grange, Bronko Nagurski, Bill Hewitt, Jim Bottomly,Ernie Lombardi,Chuck Klein, Leo Durocher, "Gabby" Hartnett, Hank Greenburg, Chas Gheringer, and many other auto's. The book also contains the signatures of the 1935 Bears team including Bill Hewitt. In total there are approx. 250 autographs in the two books. Would anybody have an approx. value for this item or reccommend the best way to sell it. Any info would be appreciated. Dennis

Comments

• Options
    Here are some pictures of the books. Dennis
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    Very cool piece. i would recommend an auction house.

dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    WOW!
    What a piece. I would say the value would be VERY HIGH.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    It would probably be worth more as cutouts.....Upper Deck would probably buy them and slice it up into cards. Nice collection of autos though...
    CB4
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭

<< <i>It would probably be worth more as cutouts.....Upper Deck would probably buy them and slice it up into cards. Nice collection of autos though... >>

Agreed. An auction house would likely be the way to go to maximize profit. I'm sure all of the card co's check those from time to time looking for stuff like this to cut up for signature cards.

BTW - where did you get the books from and what did PSA/DNA charge for authenticating all 250 sigs?
  • Options
    spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    Very nice piece. Agreed that an auction house is the way to go.
  • Options
    I purchased the books from a large sportscard dealer in my area. My understanding was he obtained the books as payment for a landscape job he did for a weathly local lady approx. 30 years ago. This particular lady and her sister lived in downtown Chicago during the depression. The negot. price was approx. $650.00. Dennis
  • Options

<< <i>I purchased the books from a large sportscard dealer in my area....
    The negot. price was approx. $650.00 >>

is that what YOU paid for them?
    if so, you will Clean up with a sale on a major auction house!
    imageimage
  • Options
    I paid considerably more for the two books. The neg. price for the grading was $650.00. Dennis
  • Options
    Looks like your sitting on a small gold mine!

Ken
    Ken's 1934 Goudey Registry Set
    - Slowly (Very Slowly) Working On A 1952 Topps Raw Set (Lower Grade)