Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

GAI question

Where does GAI put the serial number on their slab?

I was browsing through some listings and since I don't even own a GAI card, I was curious. Seems one could win one card, say a dead-centered 7.5 Clemente and receive another 7.5 Clemente with less desirable characteristics.

Comments

• Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    It's on the back of the label along with a bar code and their logo (a bit bigger than the one on the front) and their company name spelled out. One very nice feature is on the top or lip of the holder is the year, manufacturer, player, card# and grade (ex: "NM-MT 8"

The back of the label is silver and has the same look and feel as the front.
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I will have to check the labels I cracked open for you toppsgun. Since most of the cards are "First Graded" , that would be a tough switch to pull off if there is another in existanceimage
  • Options

<< <i>It's on the back of the label along with a bar code and their logo (a bit bigger than the one on the front) and their company name spelled out. >>

imageimage
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

<< <i>and receive another 7.5 Clemente with less desirable characteristics. >>

TG - I do not knock grading companies on here (PRO notwithstanding), as I feel to knock 1, is in essence knocking my grading company of choice. Plus competition is a good thing, keeps everyone in check.
    But your point is certainly valid, and with that said, if I had any GAI's & were to sell them, the cert # would be listed in the description or a back scan done too! There's many scammers on eBay w/ stolen scans, qualified cards not mentioned and altered raw cards that are stated as perfect. So it wouldn't surprise me if a substitute card was sent from a less then honest seller. If this does occur, I don't blame GAI, just the shady seller. Its easy enough to do, auction the card as a Mantle 8, then when the auction ends, delete the scan and send you a different possibly less desirable Mantle 8. To the GAI buyers out there, its just something to be aware of...jay