Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1969's go thru the roof

Dsl made out like a bandit tonight. There were some really dumb bidders bidding extremely high on a few difficult cards. OH yeah I forgot I was one of the dumbest. I need to sit on my hands and crazy glue the enter button.

Comments

• Options
    Gaspipe,

How bout some links...

Gator
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are too many to list. Just do a search for '1969 psa 9' and you'll see them. Joe Schultz, Willie Horton, etc
  • Options
    I usually top the list and I got my arse washed. Will wait till next time.

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankfully I slept through it. image I figure even after Bob races up the charts I'll still be in the top 5. At $150-200 per 9, I'd probably have to double the investment I have in the set to approach the 8.50 GPA club.

By the way, does anyone know who pulled the Jackson PSA 10? I think it's a recent grade if I'm not mistaken. I predict it will sell for $25k if it hits the market. Anyone else have a guess?
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Yeah, the prices were impressive. None of my snipes even registered.

I can only hope that this means that dealers will be combing their inventories and putting out buying notices for more '69's to meet the market demand.
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    I'm happy with the Schultz. Its the nicest one I've ever seen. Tiger 9's are just always going to be expensive as are Yankees and Mets.
  • Options
    Gaspipe:

You got shilled on the 1969 Russ Gibson PSA 9. I sold the card to the previous owner (his uncle and a good friend of mine) about 2 months ago for $20. The nephew is selling the card(s) after the uncle's death. You may want to contact him directly if you are still interested in the card.

AZ
  • Options
    Geez Bob, I think I liked it better when you were predominantly a seller of 69's. There's a nice Ryan you can get for $1,500. I knew I was in trouble on the Schultz when you picked up Fritz for $317. I guess a $325 bid on Schultz wouldn't have been enough. Does this mean the horses don't get to eat next week?
    Dave
    1973 Topps PSA 9's+(retired)
    1986 Topps PSA Perfect(active)
    1997 Flair Legacy's(active)
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    The Ryan does look nice but I wanted to see a bigger scan and the seller cant provide one. The Peterson is the one I'm most disappointed in myself with because I have a stunning 8 and 1 in at PSA now that should 9. So why did I bid so high? It was the Tequila I was drinking. The Schultz would of been had for $325. My top bid was $310. I dont know how fast I'll be climbing the ladder, my submission was met with the G.O.D. Only 17-9's and a gazillion 8's. Now I wish I had my F.Alou 9 and my Andrews 9 back. Then I would have most of the elite tough ones in 9. Thanks to dhcards I have the Hershberger in 9. I also have a stunning Raditz at PSA now. If they can overlook the half dozen snow flecks it could 9. Then it would be just Shannon, Satriano and Brock.
    As for the horses, I had 3 claimed away from me in Dec. and 1 in Jan, so right now I only have 1 racing, 1 in rehab, and 1 baby that doesnt start racing until late spring. So I have cash now and no horses.