Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New Jersey Coin Shops

Any1 know of any good coin shops in New Jersey?

Comments

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only NOT recommend one....Beavertown Coin.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    DaveGDaveG Posts: 3,535
    I'm in north Jersey. I know of one shop in Clifton and one in South Orange, but, frankly I prefer to go to the monthly coin show in Parsippany, which has 80 dealers.

Check out the Southern Gold Society

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a shop in Summit... and then a train ride from me is one in South Orange that Dave mentioned.

Parsippany's great--where do you live?
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    Jersey? See my friend Tony. He'll take care of your . . . coins.

Realtime National Debt Clock:

• Options
    Isn't there another small show a couple blocks from american coin in clifton?
  • Options
    Yes, there is.

The Clifton coin show is the third Sunday of the month and usually has about 30 dealers. This show has been getting stronger over the past few years. It usually has less expensive coins, but there is one very good world coin dealer. There's also another world coin dealer, who has an extensive inventory of less expensive coins.

• Options
    Close to Jersey, there's a nice little shop called "Clarkstown Coin and Jewelry". It's in Nanuet, NY, near the Nanuet mall, a few miles from the Palisades Center. It's the closest shop to me. It's small, but they have some nice stuff.
  • Options
    I have been to American Coin in Clifton, and I am curious as to what the other members who have been there think. Please share your thoughts on Jefferey and his mom.
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have been to American Coin in Clifton, and I am curious as to what the other members who have been there think. Please share your thoughts on Jefferey and his mom. >>

Nice people but nothing there I wanted. I went in there about 2 years ago & asked to look at certified coins. They didn't have any out in the
    counter & had to go in the back to get them. Lot's of PCGS boxes with low grade ugly coins. I did buy two nice uncirculated Silver Certificate
    Star notes that were sequentially numbered. I'm not into currency but they were so nice I just wanted them. Never went back.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    I have been there a couple of times. Can't remember if I bought from them. There is a place in Rutherford, Steves Hobby Shop. The guy used to be a real whack job. Now he is alot more mellow. I was in there 2 weeks ago, first time in a long while. Another place I used to spend alot of time in was Kearny Koins and Kards. I was more into cards at the time. Perhaps that helped the transition into coins. Joe
  • Options
    JamericonJamericon Posts: 438 ✭✭✭
    Betta285,

Not far from you is Waretown Coin and Stamps, on 9 in Waretown, not far from the Lacey Road intersection.

Ocean County Coin and Stamps is in Point Pleasant (my hometown).

Farther north is Spring Lake on 35 is Colonial Coin and Stamps.
    On Rte. 9 in Howell is C&N Coins.
    On Main Street is downtown Freehold is Superior Rare Coinage.

All these shops are in the local Yellow Pages.
    Jamie Yakes - U.S. paper money collector, researcher, and author. | Join the SPMCUS Small-Size Notes, National Bank Notes, and NJ Depression Scrip
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't there another small coin shop on Kinderkamack Rd not too far from the big Automobile Association of America building (AAA)?

I believe it is in Oradell, New Jersey.

Went in once, did not have much since the fellow said they were at a show.

Anyone know about that store?
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    I last went to American Coin & Stamp about eight years ago. I didn't care for the proprietor, who didn't seem interested in talking coins.

He was always pleasant, but the store seemed more the type of place that bought coins, silver, jewelry from "civilians" than a place where collectors hung out.

I preferred Dr. Saslow in South Orange, who seems gruff at first, but will warm up quickly when he realizes you're an actual collector and seems willing to talk coins all day.

Frankly, I almost entirely to go to shows.

• Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    In South Jersey, there's Colonial Coins in Hamilton (near Trenton). I've never been to the shop, but he sells at local shows. Nice guy and nice coins.
  • Options
    If you're passin' through the SOUTH Jersey area, you might consider stopping in the town of Pitman to visit Pitman Coins & Currency. Nice fella and NGC dealer...image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file