Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Wouldn't it be nice if we had an open registry set?

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
I think that it would be neat, yes neat, if we had an open registry for all denominations of coins.

You would be able to go to your favorite coin, mine being dimes, and list unlimited slabs. Alot of us have dupes and would like to have a place where we could see all of our coins listed w/o having to have a certain Year/MM. You could just list any dime you wanted and however many you have. All PCGS would have to do is keep them in order by year.

It wouldn't have to have a set rating or anything like that. PCGS could still use the pops and that would be it.

Any ideas out there would sure be welcomed!

Have a good one,
Paul B. Gunsallus

Later, Paul.

Comments

• This seems like a doable idea. I'm sure there are interesting collections out
    there that don't exactly fit into one of the defined sets.

One thing I wuld like to see is a way of allowing registed users to somehow
    vote on coins or sets of others. Kind of a "Collector's Choice" ranking that
    could be based on qualities other than strict grading. This could allow the
    standout coins/sets to gain recognition. For example, perhaps someone puts
    together a set that may not be #1 technically (by grade), but all coins have
    outstanding color, photos, descriptions, etc.

Ken
  • LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a very interesting idea. I certainly wouldnt be opposed to it. I dont know if it would behoove PCGS to do anything like that. If they did, it would suprise me. There would be some programing involved with that "set" that hasnt been done with the previous ones.

All in all, I think it would take some really strong lobbying to get that one done. There would need to be quite a few people wanting it done.

David

• I don't know if it my idea is along the lines of the first post in this thread, but I'd like to be able to register all of my PCGS coins in one place, even dups and ones that I have obtained without the intention of going for a full set.