Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most are stocked in quantity?? How about sending me a couple 1877 IHC's, say 66R??image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    This tells us all we need to know:

<< <i>These are both graded by www.accgs.org . If you go to their site, and compare pictures side by side, you will notice that they grade more accurately than PCGS >>

Just another ripoff artist hawking junk coins in bottom tier slabs.

Russ, NCNE

• BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Thanks for the assist relayer...I had to go back and re-do it....must have forgotten something but between the both of us I now think everyone can find it and form their own opinions!image
    Find the coin list that applies to your needs-look at the prices and return privilege and make a level-headed judgement. I have offered this to get everyone's honest feedback once you've scrutinized him THOROUGHLY!image I have been doing exactly that, scrutinizing him for months. What I am interested in is the raw coins he offers with an unconditional 14 day money back guarantee...NOT someone else's slabs! I think a couple of you may be missing the point. The point IS Raw, uncirculated coins at wholesale with a 14 day return privilege...NOT Beverly Hills' Coin Club- NOT ACCGS...Not anything but buying quality coins that will grade out at PCGS. I have no desire to own anyone else's slabs but PCGS...let me make that perfectly clear. As a merchant I want to make a decent living by offering top notch PCGS certified coins and realize the most profit I can while still being VERY competitive. If I have found a great source-FINE. If I haven't...I'll keep looking...this is what this post is all about. Before you make any comments, I ask that you research this thoroughly THEN make your call. It isn't about Beverly Hills nor is it about ACCGS! It's about incirculated coins at wholesale prices , from a reputable merchant-with intent to put these coins in PCGS slabs! That's it! BOTTOM LINE! Read on!image
  • when I was new I bought a proof Morgan from them that turned out not to be a proof!

I guess their top notch graders missed that one.
  • krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    They say don't call for descriptions because the coins are in bank vaults. They have every coin in every grade, so you don't need to confirm your order. You can't request a scan unless the coin is $5,000+. As far as I could tell, all the coins are raw.

They say all their items are above average for the grade.

I just can't work up any level of confidence here.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Seeing your comment about focusing on buying raw unc coins with the intent of getting them in PCGS holders, I have to say all you can do is buy some coins and submit them to PCGS. If they don't slab at the right grade, you lose a lot of money because the 14-day return will have expired already. But there's no other way to know until you do it. You have to put some money on the line.

If you can't return the coins once they are removed from their packaging (that wouldn't be unusual), you have no way of finding out without putting money on the line. To find out if they will slab right, you have to remove them from the holder.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send Money and we will get something to you.....what a load of pasture patties.

Negative Post was made....image

BTW these folks have more Gem Mercs than all other dealers combined...I believe this. NOT !!

Ken
  • MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out an 1893 S Morgan in AU. These guys are selling it for $13, 750. Greysheet bid is $14,000. Something is wrong with this entire picture! I have never dealt with them, but I know of nobody who can buy and sell correctly graded coins at these prices.
    It reminds me of a company out of New York that I used to wholesale AU coins to back in the late 1970s and early 1980s. They overgraded everything and sold at inflated grades and prices until the government shut them down.
    BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID!
    Thanksgiving National Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024 at the Eisenhower Allstar Sportsplex, Gettysburg, PA. Tables are available. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • If it's too good to be true.....

Of course you could pick something fairly cheep, order it, and see what the heck happens, It's a $56 toss, but for some here that's an amount they would spend on entertainment value just to see what the place is like.

Myriads
  • MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FAQ
    7..)Do you allow coins to be submitted to Grading Services?
    Sending them to the grading services is fine with us, and we will refund the amount of the coin if our grade does not meet theirs, but not the cost of the service. This is provided that we send them in ourselves, with the buyer paying the fees. We rarely send our coins to grading services as we find it's just not worth the extra cost. We find that most of our customers are able to use their own good judgement to determine quality and value, and our return rate has always been way under 1%. Also, we find that more and more dealers are loosing faith in the grading services and will often pay more for raw coins than slabbed coins, because some slabbed coins can be very ugly even in higher grades. We know of more than one dealer who sent in some nicely toned Silver Dollars and Franklin Halfs and several came back slabbed AND dipped! We never clean our coins, and any clean coins that we buy and sell will be described as such.

Thanksgiving National Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024 at the Eisenhower Allstar Sportsplex, Gettysburg, PA. Tables are available. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your first order for 56 bucks would probably be decent but watch out for the 5600 buck order. Basically I think you would be had Big Time.

Another Negative post...

Ken
    What I think I will do is place a small order -(something that won't kill me should they not grade out) for some keys and utilize my own grading experience- my own eye and the 14 days to assess whether or not the coins are worthy of submission. If they don't make it past me, they'll be returned. If they do, I'll submit them and see what happens. If they pan out -fantastic...if they don't I'll just have another lesson from the school of hard knocks!image I CERTAINLY have no desire to purchase any of their slabs!
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That website is so cluttered with text, it makes me long for the joys of reading the "Scarlet Letter" image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    If his coins were properly graded and he sold them for what he is asking, we'd all be millionaires with the Eliasberg collection. Imagine a simple 1906 Indian cent in MS-65Red for $115.00 We could sell them all day long to everyone at $300, and they'd be lining up to buy them!

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Tom
    Tom

<< <i>We know of more than one dealer who sent in some nicely toned Silver Dollars and Franklin Halfs and several came back slabbed AND dipped! >>

I'd like to see them prove that BS allegation.

Russ, NCNE
  • That is a prime example of horrible web page design. There is entirely too much on the main page. Less is more for a front page.

Also, they have two cent pieces listed under "Odd Denominations" which is clearly the wrong place as everyone knows two is an even number! image

Good point, Russ. Perhaps contact him and ask him for such proof. I respect everyone here and their expert opinions-this is precisely the purpose of this thread! Thanksimage
  • LAWMANLAWMAN Posts: 1,274 ✭✭
    Anybody know those guys? I read the whole website and I don't find compelling reason to send them money blind, as it were. Their prices are a bit high for sight unseen -- if you order $5000 or more, only then will they e-mail you a picture AND you can't call them AND they don't seem to have a retail location. Hmmmm . . . Anybody have any experience with them?
    DSW
    7510 Sunset Blvd., #183, Los Angeles, CA 90046 You guys excuse me. I have to post a few entries on ebay. I'll be flip-flopping back and forth! Thanksimage
  • dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Boom, this may be a legit business, but that address you provided is to a mail drop business called Mister Mail. Some companies use a drop box, but they should also be able to provide a physical address.

Doug
    Doug beat me to it. Was just digging out the info myself. The phone number they provide also comes up with not found.

This outfit reeks.

Russ, NCNE
  • O.K. Dumb question. image

Are there really any "legitimate" wholesale operations like this???
    ANA Member R-213302
  • BearBear Posts: 18,953 ✭✭✭
    Lets sum up, unknown quality, cant see pictures, dont know how to call them,

cant find a real office address, what appear to be high prices. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Remember, a guarantee is only backed by the credibility of the company.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage

• << <i>Are there really any "legitimate" wholesale operations like this??? >>

nope
    Oh, and the biggest red flag of all:

<< <i>We do not accept credit cards. >>

Very few legitimate businesses do not accept credit cards these days. Either a) They couldn't qualify for a merchant account (bad news in and of itself), or b) They want to make sure their suckers, uh er, customers have no recourse.

Russ, NCNE
  • I bought from these guys when they were "Beverly Hills Coin club, and before they were bounced from Ebay. They sold me a MS63 trade $ that was judged at best AU55 by every collector and dealer that I could show it to. To get my money back, I had to hound them to death and when they refunded my funds, they withheld $10 for their operating costs!!!image

I later was contacted by an individual, who I do not know, who implied that these folks also were "shill bidding their own auctions.

Personally, I would not trust them as far as I could throw them. You can do as you think best.
    Gary

<< <i>I bought from these guys when they were "Beverly Hills Coin club >>

They were Beverly Hills Coin Club? The same Beverly Hills Coin Club that morphed in to the "grading" service ACCGS? The "grading" service that, when contacted, they claim grades stricter and more accurately than PCGS?

Russ, NCNE
  • Next Dumb Question image

Are there any large "legitimate" Coin Dealers that sell coins like this?
    ANA Member R-213302
  • From the Los Angeles BBB Web Site

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Collectors Internet
    7510 Sunset Blvd. Suite 183
    Los Angeles CA 90046

Business Started: [Not Available]
    File Open Date: 12/15/00
    Last Report Date: 01/27/04
    Principal Contact: Willis Brown

Phone: Not Available
    Fax: Not Available
    Email: Not Available
    Web Address: http://www.collectorsinternet.com

Bureau ID: 13145122

Nature of Business
    This company's business is selling collectable coins through the Internet.

Bureau File Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau. An unsatisfactory record is given when a pattern in the company's customer complaints causes us concern, when the company does not respond to complaints, or when it will not substantiate its advertising claims.

In this case, our complaint history for this company shows a pattern of unanswered and unresolved customer complaints. In those cases where the company has responded to the complaints brought to its attention by the Bureau, some remain unresolved because it appears that the company did not give adequate consideration to the customer's side of the dispute.

A Better Business Bureau report is based on our file information and experience with an individual company over the past three years.

The Better Business Bureau does not endorse, recommend, or disapprove of any company, product, or service.

Additional Phone Numbers
    There are no additional phone numbers for this company on file.

Additional Trade names
    There are no additional trade names for this company on file.

Additional Addresses
    There are no additional addresses for this company on file.
    ANA Member R-213302

<< <i>Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau. >>

No surprise there.

Russ, NCNE
  • I can't wait to buy me one of those Gem Brillant Uncirculated MS-34 coins...
    ~Richard Dorrance
  • sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    is 2003 the year of the boom?

I have not dealt with these guys but question how big it actually is and what they have for inventory - if anything

How many businesses do you know that shut down for 15 days around the holidays?

I'm thinking this is a 1 person show that can get whatever they want in 3-4 days and have no inventory at all

There are a few places that you can get stuff like that - CCE, eurekatrading, and the other one - coinnet?

Whenever you start seeing a new slabbing company, that no one has heard of, not even the trade publications, I wonder in whose garage

• << <i>Some other interesting folks they will run into at the mail stop while picking up your check. >>

Good grief! I gave up reading after page 5! It's pretty clear to me that the real money is in owning 7510 Sunset Blvd.

That must be one heck of an interesting place just to hang out for a few hours......... image
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file