Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Anyone notice the Joshua Mercury set has been deleted?

It is a shame it has and I am pretty sure why. Anyone care to take a guess?

Comments

• remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    Hi Jason,

It has not been deleted, it has dropped to #10 because of "no grade" coins. He just has to get time to enter in the new cert numbers on coins he has sent in for regrade/upgrade attempts and he will be right back where he belongs. Several people on the registry have had this problem.

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea why. But, just last week a major Merc dealer commented to me that it would probably be smart for the Joshua Merc set to be taken off the registry, as collectors looking for a series to pursue are potentially "scared off" by the incredible collection he assembled and the clear reality that most of the important coins are already in strong collector hands (and no chance to ever be #1). It made sense to me on one level. And, of course, I can understand why the theory is misplaced as well. image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭
    Mitch, Same situation with my Roosie set. Now that it's off the registry the door is wide open for
    the number one spot. It would just take a few top coins added to any one of the top 5 sets to
    make it number 1.

Jason, What were you implying the reason why you thought Joshua removed his set from the
    registry?.

Nick
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy smoke...my set is 6 or 7 spots ahead of the Joshua set on the All Time Finest catagory. It took a heck of a long time to catch him but the mission has been accomplished.....image

Personally I do not think Merc collectors view his set as intimadating. (SP) I just view the set in awe and as one heck of a accomplishment within this series.

Ken
  • BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Ken, I dont collect dimes, but I just have to tell you

that I love your dime icon.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    The Joshua set is incredible. You need a great eye, connections all over the industry and VERY deep pockets to assemble a set like this one. To me it is a one of a kind. I should also add that I truely love seeing it atop the Mercury registry. It is nice to know it can be done, even if I could never do it.

As a group, the Merc collectors are very supportive of each other. That community makes collecting even more fun.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Guys,
    the joshua set is in for regrading at this time
    and should be be at the top very soon
    Tim
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
    Fooey....and to think I had finally hammered that set into submission. Only regrade submission it looks like.....image

Ken
  • Unbelieveable, I'm in the top 5 all time and hopefully have a couple nice upgrades coming from the Heritage auction.image
    Merc collector.
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I saw it the other day, I am right behind him! I'm pretty sure he just need to update cert no., too, then he'll be right back on the top of the heap with that amazing set!

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

<< <i>Unbelieveable, I'm in the top 5 all time and hopefully have a couple nice upgrades coming from the Heritage auction.image >>

image Print that page......image