Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Is it acceptable to email Registry members?

specifically, is it considered acceptable to email registry members and ask if their cards are available for sale? thanks

Will

Comments

• Options
    SURE ALL MINE are you sale. IF the price is right image
  • Options
    I say yes. No harm no fould if their not intrested thy can just delete it. Unless it comes from KK he is always emailing "james I want to buy your collection I will give you xxxx please sell it to me. I just delete it. I get 3 or 4 a day.

James
    x
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Either a PM or email would probably be fine.
    Will - I recall you sent me an email earlier asking if I was interested in selling my Rod Langway PSA 9 rookie that I registered. Although, I am not interested in selling the card I know if I get another one to call you first. I agree with James, the worst thing that happens is they delete the email.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    If their e-mail addresses are viewable, then I say it is absolutely acceptable.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options

<< <i>Either a PM or email would probably be fine.
    Will - I recall you sent me an email earlier asking if I was interested in selling my Rod Langway PSA 9 rookie that I registered. Although, I am not interested in selling the card I know if I get another one to call you first. I agree with James, the worst thing that happens is they delete the email. >>

i was actually planning on emailing Chris Renaud to ask about his Bourque OPC PSA 9 rookie.

the Langway is a pop of 1 or 2 in PSA 9, but if you ever come across another i'll pay top dollar for it.
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Sure -- To buy or sell.
  • Options
    How 'bout harassing emails, late night phone calls and subtle or veiled threats?
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Will - Good luck if you email him. When was the last time a Bourque PSA 9 was on ebay?
  • Options
    I have had one person ask me to take them off of my mailing list. Each email was sent individually.
  • Options

<< <i>Will - Good luck if you email him. When was the last time a Bourque PSA 9 was on ebay? >>

last one i remember was before i kept records of ebay closing prices; so at least 15 months or longer. i do remember it closing for $361 though. if another one surfaced i would expect it to break $600-$700 easily
  • Options
    Will,

I wouldn't bother emailing Chris R. None of his cards will be for sale at any price. I have emailed Chris in the past and I have never gotten a response, although I have had a few PMs with him through the message boards.

BTW, do you have any T218s to sell me? I am still interested. I have nearly completed the set and I'm looking to upgrade as much as possible. Let me know - jeb@virtualizard.com.

JEB.
  • Options
    Skinsfan,
    I'll be saving up my pennies and I'll have to keep that in mind.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    mikeschmidt is right, if the email address is viewable, they are inviting you to contact them. I know mine is and I have received numerous emails and made great contacts for buying and selling.
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    Jeb,

i have several cards from the set in the 3-6 range. im just about to get a PSA membership so i can start submitting my own cards. ill let you know whenever i get em back. i still refuse to sell raw vintage stuff that isnt slabbed, because 1. i dont know jack about accurately grading, and 2. i have little knowledge about authenticity
  • Options
    Fuzz my friend start saving those pennies,although the cards you want may take a brinks truck full image