Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Help! Insured Package Never Arrived

I have mailed out over 800 cards and never had a package not arrive. However, a $350 card I mailed out two weeks ago did not arrive and the buyer is of course very anxious and concerned (me too!). I sent it first class mail insured for $400. I have the blue/white USPS Insured Mail Receipt with the number on it. Has anyone run into a similar problem who would know what the next step is? Your help is very much appreciated.

PS: The buyer has nearly 800 positive feedbacks with no negatives so I feel pretty sure he is very truthful about the package not arriving.

Comments

• Options
    Before you actually file a claim, you can ask the PO to internally track the package using the insured number. They can at least confirm whether it was delivered. I was in the same situation a few months ago. The internal tracking report showed that I mailed the card (which satisfied my buyer), and that it left my local PO. There was no record of it after that - no record of it showing up at the other end. After 30 days I refunded the buyer's money and filed a claim. I recieved my check from the PO about a month later.
    John Vineyard

• Options
    Same thing happened to me a few months ago. You item has to be lost for 30 days before you can file a claim. Both you and the buyer have to complete the cliams form. You have to show proof of value and a recipt of the purchase amount. If it was insured for $400 and you sold it for $350 they will refund the $350. It will take 3-4 weeks after the claim has been filed to get your money back.
  • Options
    wallst32wallst32 Posts: 513 ✭✭
    I'm dealing with the same situation now. Unfortunatley, I and supposed to be the recipient of an 81T Montana PSA 9. In 2 days, 30 days will have elapsed and we'll be filing a claim.

Gator - After the claim is filed and both parties have submitted their forms, how long does it take for the post office to send reimbursement?