Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is This Card Worth Anything? [Vintage]

Wondering if this card is worth anything, since I know nothing about vintage or pre WWI cards.

Buck O'Brien.

The card has bad edges, the left side is good, the right side is small but relatively decent, the bottom is a little eratic, and the top is pretty bad.

Any opinions would be great, thanks!

Comments

• Options
    spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    Would have to be sure that it is not a reprint. Off the top of my head, I am not familiar with the set the card is from. I'll have to check some books.
  • Options
    dstudebadstudeba Posts: 215 ✭✭
    Looks like a T207 'brown border' card to me. Unfortunately it also looks trimmed. Unless it is a rare back or player, I doubt it would fetch more than $20. But I am not very knowledgable about this issue.
    Search and Track Auctions Automatically

Collectable
  • Options
    spacktrack - I'm pretty sure it isn't a reprint, it smells old and the text on the back looks authentic.

Thanks both of you, any more help would be great!
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    smells old???
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Card is a T207. I believe the Napolean back is fairly difficult to find but not the most rare from the set. It does not look like a reprint but it does look trimmed. The NM SCD catalogue price is $125. I think VG is $30. Work down from there.
  • Options
    Albie is right--it's a T207. The Napoleon back is scarcer than the Recruit back, but not enough to carry a significant premium. It may be the only set in which Buck O'Brien appears however, so for that niche of collectors trying to obtain as many different players as possible, it should carry a little weight.
    Todd Schultz (taslegal@hotmail.com)
    ebay id: nolemmings
  • Options
    Thanks, you two both helped a lot. image