Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Anyone recognize this email address?

I just came down to my office pc to check the card I won tonight! On my monitor, the norton anti-virus
screen was in full view...I deleted it and bang another came up. The same a third time.

This is the email.

FIRST.

----- Original Message -----
To: <j.jlinnens@verizon.net>
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 8:18 PM
Subject: wkmabtdwcmzj

> Mail transaction failed. Partial message is available.

SECOND.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 8:18 PM
Subject: wkmabtdwcmzj

> Mail transaction failed. Partial message is available
-

---- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 8:30 PM
Subject: test

Actually 5 were sent...
Anyone else receive one or more of these?
If this was an attempt to infect my pc, I can only say better luck next time. Security works well!

mx'er

Comments

• RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    jdc122@aol.com is foots24 on ebay.Whoever that is beats me....

As for the others I don't know.

Perhaps shoot this person an email and see if they know what's up?

Good luck.
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I believe that's Davalillo's email.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    jdc122@aol.com is my e-mail--obviously I never sent anything to you.

Jim
  • I believe this is related to the W32.Novarg.A@mm mass-mailing worm.. Davalillo most likely has nothing to do with it. I would make sure to update your virus definitions and scan everything.

Robert
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • Ouch!

Looks like there are drawbacks to working on 100 graded sets and having so much help out there.
  • I had that happen to me last year where this virus infected a computer that had sent mail to me. Somehow it is able to then send mail using the infected computer's address book and making the mail appear as though it has been sent from those people whose addresses it engulfs.

People kept asking me to quit sending them the virus-infected e-mail when, in fact, it was being sent from someone else's computer.

If its the same virus, Davalillo will start receiving a ton of "mail couldnt be delivered" emails along with people asking him not to send any more. But there is nothing wrong with his computer, its not being sent from his computer, just his address and there is nothing he can do about it. After a couple of days it goes away.

But if you receive strangely titled mail from a familiar e-mail address, do not open it or you will be infected as well. Thats the point of the whole virus (if its the same as what happened to me last year).

Keith
  • I have actually gotten about a Dozen or so
    of these ALL with emails from forum members
    on them as senders (different ones)
    over the past 2 days

it is a worm.

imageimage
  • pcpc Posts: 743
    call it the rodman email.
    Money is your ticket to freedom.

• Thank you all for the information!

One of the emails did have the W32.Novarg.A worm, the other's were unknown.

I guess Dav. and I have had contact with the person with the worm. Must be a dealer or seller. So many of us are interconnected
    through the use of the same dealers. Hopefully that person will become aware of his problem.

mx'er

http://www.clark22murray33.com