Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Worst card (picture) ever?

I was browsing Ebay when I came acros this 1973 Topps Steve Garvey PSA 9 beauty, but where the heck is Steve? Can anybody share any other examples of bad photography choices?

BTW, card is listed on Ebay under seller bbcexchange.

Comments

• Options
    Actually, the 1973 Topps set has a lot of cool pictures (Pat Corrales comest to mind) but it looks like they put some bad ones in there as well.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two of my least favorites are the 1980 Topps Pete Rose (too close-up) and the 1983 Topps Tony Gwynn (all you see is his rear end)

Steve
  • Options
    theimage

this has got to be ugliest photo ever. look at the awesome focus
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    GR - If you want bad focus and awful shots, how 'bout half of the '82 Fleer baseball set incl the Ripken rookie ...jay
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Is that a paper airplane heading towards Issac's head?
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    SDsportsfan - the 76 Rose is awful as well.

Maybe players should decide which mug shot is depicted. I know there are several cards I own that I wish were better looking shots. I am a big fan of the posed shot versus portrait or action, and the 67 Mantle - although very happy looking - could have been better. As far as superstars are concerned, Mays has the worst cards with the exception of his 50's issues.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    Here's my vote for worst picture choice: a 1961 Fleer Goose Gonsoulin rookie card that has a picture of someone else:

Here's the real Goose, on his 1961 Topps and 1962 Fleer cards:

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaron's 73T #100 is also not one of my favorites - slightly out of focus. What about the selection of shots for O'neal's rookie year - the Skybox #382 and Fleer #298 slam dunk make it hard to ID a face - by the way Isaac may not be in focus but you can see the ref clear and a bell with his hands in his pocket!
    Mike
  • Options
    This card is incredibly tough to find for this hockey Hall of Famer. It's gotta be the worst crop job ever on a head shot. Either that or needed to wear a helmet.

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
  • Options
    Gregory Voit
    AKA..
    Ebay - mpn2gwvputty
    Ratso of the Booze Junkies MC
  • Options
    Not all that bad of a picture for a mug shot..
    Gregory Voit
    AKA..
    Ebay - mpn2gwvputty
    Ratso of the Booze Junkies MC