Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Accepting paypal with unconfirmed address?

Have any of you ever accepted a payment through paypal with an unconfirmed address? Are there any risks involved in accepting it, like not getting the $ after all is said and done?

Thanks,
chad

Comments

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    i do all the time. but i pay the 55 cents for delivery confirmation so if they say they dont get it!! and it shows delivered to bad for them! but i never had a problem with it. just be careful shipping out of usa you cant get confirmation.
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    check the feedback, if they don't have feedback and it is big $$ , I wouldn't do it
  • Options

<< <i>just be careful shipping out of usa you cant get confirmation. >>

Yes you can........PS Form 2865....Return Receipt for International Mail.

It's a pink form..you fill out the info..it's attached to the package..it's signed on the other end and it's mailed back to you. I've used it many, many times.

Skip
    I'll take the cards & flowers when I'm living and the BS when I'm dead!

ANGEL OF HOPE

Skip
    TUSTIN CA
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Habs i didnt know that mail people always tell me i have to pay for registered mail. and its like 8$ for that.
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

If you deal in hockey cards..it comes up all the time. Our friends in Canada have unconfirmed addresses with Paypal. Luckily in dealing with vintage PSA cards...I have found the buyers to be rock solid.
  • Options
    lommerlommer Posts: 160 ✭✭
    This buyer is located in California
  • Options

<< <i>Habs i didnt know that mail people always tell me i have to pay for registered mail. and its like 8$ for that. >>

There are certain restrictions when using this form..for example insured value must exceed $50.00

<< <i> For international mail, request a return receipt with Form 2865

•Fee: $1.75 in addition to postage at the time of mailing, or $3.25 if after the time of mailing

USPS.com >>

Skip

ANGEL OF HOPE

Skip
    TUSTIN CA
  • Options

<< <i>Have any of you ever accepted a payment through paypal with an unconfirmed address? Are there any risks involved in accepting it, like not getting the $ after all is said and done?

Thanks,
    chad >>

Proof of delivery needed:

USPS
    less than $250 ---> green delivery confimration 0.55 cents
    $250 and over ---> pink signature confirmation $1.80

yes there are risk. Check the feedback before accepting. Unconfirmed address is outside paypal's seller protection policy.

1. If credit card is used, there is a possibility that it can be stolen CC. Proof of delivery will be of no used because this is outside seller's protection policy.

2. Paypal balance and instant transfer, there's a possibility that the paypal account has been hacked. Now paypal limit claims up to 2 per calendar year I think.

I never had problems with unconfirmed address. Now I only accept from confirmed. I was asked by a buyer if he can pay by paypal and said he use an unconfirmed address and he address packages to either son or wife since he travels most of the time (card delivered to wife -- probably office). They have a card store. I checked the FB looks OK and I said it's fine and modified the preferences to accept his payment.

An unconfirmed address can now be confirmed by faxing the information that paypal requested and if approved, paypal will send a confirmation/validation code to confirmed that address.

RIP Snow
  • Options
    Is the buyer VERIFIED?..if so, check and see how many transactions he has completed.

<< <i>Seller Reputation

The Seller Reputation Number measures how many Verified PayPal members have paid that seller. New transactions are added 30 days after they occur, to ensure that the Reputation Number reflects successful exchanges. >>

Skip

ANGEL OF HOPE

Skip
    TUSTIN CA