Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Part II of our Beckett prices vs. ebay prices debate

This doesn't happen every day, but still, this is impresive for an off-season sale.

Prior Prospect Premieres BV=$150

The Greinke and Upton also sold for more than Beckett price. Not everything on ebay sells for 25% of book as the last post on this topic made it seem.
Baseball Card Heaven, the closest card shop to the Las Vegas Strip.

Our current ebay auctions, and of course BaseBallCardHeaven.com

Comments

• Options
    Honestly...this topic is so old...just let it die. Beckett is just a resource for people to get an idea of what a card is worth. The only way Beckett could keep track off all the cards put out and what they sell for is if they had a huge staff that would track all card auctions on Ebay as well as other card auctions. By the time they would print some of the stuff a lot of the cards could have changed prices.

I know there are still some of those dealers that look up the card in beckett and charge you hi book etc...but that's when you can get a deal. If you were at a show and saw this prior for sale...the dealer would look it up and say it's $150...if you offer around $125 you could probably snag it. I like Beckett's guides...I don't take most of their prices seriously though but still, it's a rough idea of what they think it sells for and there are tons of people who will sell you the card under guide price.
    CB4
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    well said by carder, the smart collector knows when the prices are off and when they are accurate, for the
    most part beckett is about right...it only takes 2 people who want the card for the card to skyrocket, there
    are hundreds of people that see these cards on ebay, you just can't compare that to maybe the 20-30
    people at a card show or even less who visit the local money pit.

This is certainly the exception and not the rule, Im not sure who on this board doesn't already realize this. I
    have made a lot of money knowing this! I can't tell you how much I made on Nomo alone! Beckett finally
    got that one right.

Thanks for the heads up on the Grienke and Upton!

JS