Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

eBay Weekly Sales Limit?

Anyone familiar with this new policy? I went to the eBay main page and to the announcements section. Scanned back to November and saw no mentions. I have never received a message like this before.

<<Based on your activity this week, you have reached one or more limits on selling activity.

To protect your account and the community from misuse, we limit the amount of business sellers can do on eBay. However, you can easily increase your selling limit by providing us with additional verification information.

Your account will be reviewed in the next 24 hours by a member of the eBay customer support team. You may also be contacted via email or phone to provide additional information during the review. You will be notified via email on the status of your account.

Please remember, an eBay employee will never ask for your password.>>

Any help here? I have more stuff to list this week and can't for the life of me figure why eBay would want to limit sales. I thought at first it was a hoax but they aren't even prompting for personal info like a scammer would. I am at a loss.

Comments

• Options
    I've never seen anything on ebay about a limit on waht you can sell, thats stupid. That would mean less money for them!image
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options
    spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    Exactly why I am so confused about this. I have had upwards of 200 auctions listed at once and no problems. Not sure about now.
  • Options
    DSL usually runs a lot more than that, can you contact ebay directly and ask them? Or maybe check the sell page. Never heard that one before though.
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options
    SCAM! forward it to eBay.
    I'll take the cards & flowers when I'm living and the BS when I'm dead!

ANGEL OF HOPE

Skip
    TUSTIN CA
  • Options
    Habs:

That was my initial thought, but this was not from an email or something like that. It was on the eBay site when I tried to sell. Same site I use all the time.
  • Options

<< <i>That was my initial thought, but this was not from an email or something like that. It was on the eBay site when I tried to sell. Same site I use all the time. >>

spacktrack it may be related to your PayPal account then....read this thread..

PayPal Announcement

ANGEL OF HOPE

Skip
    TUSTIN CA
  • Options
    I noticed that thread and went back to check what I have received so far this month. It's less than $300 so I don't know what it could be. Also, how could eBay limit my sales by assuming that I would accept paypal for all my items? I only accept paypal on certain items.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    spoof@ebay.com - I think.

That is a bogus email.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    it HAS TO BE a scam.

1) no one else has ever gotten this or heard of it...

2) there is NOTHING on ebay's annoucment boards
    about it at all.

3) Ebay is actually INCREASING the ease of selling accounts
    (based on what HAS been posted to there announcement
    boards as of late...)

4) You are right, they are going to do NOTHING that slows
    down sales since that is the way they make their money!

5) they could care less how much you sell or what you sell for!!

I would IMMEDIATELY send the message to ebay ASAP
    and let them investigate.
    ~jeff
    imageimage
  • Options
    spacktrack..try the eBay Live Help and see what they have to say about it.

Skip

ANGEL OF HOPE

Skip
    TUSTIN CA
  • Options
    i think i saw somewthing a couple months ago about there would be a limit on reg accounts but you can upgrade to a buiss account with no limits.know there was something of that nature i read about.
  • Options
    This is a 100% SCAM! Send to spoof@ebay.com.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    ive had up to 300 items on at once, and I always have over 100 items on.. ive never heard of any limits..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    sounds like spoof. You can ask live support. Go to sell item (like when listing an auction), click on the live help and ask.

RIP Snow
  • Options
    I highly doubt this is a scam from what was mentioned in your first post. What you need to realize is that you have done absolutely nothing wrong, but did trigger one of eBay's security checks. My guess is your account has mid to high feedback, has not listed much over the past few months until this burst you listed, and has just recently listed many auctions with possibly some for high amounts of money. If this is the case, this is exactly the pattern highjacked accounts display. I'm sure eBay will contact you shortly to verify you are who you really are and you'll be able to list as many auctions as you wish on eBay. However, for now, they think your account could have been taken over and want to protect you and other eBay users.
  • Options
    I have been a regular seller for some time now, listing about 10-15 auctions a week @ average of $6 per auction. Small stuff, but I don't do eBay anywhere near full time.

Everyone is screaming scam and spoof, but I repeat again that this DID NOT come in the form of an e-mail, this was from the eBay home page, and they did not prompt for any personal info like most scams are set up to accomplish.

I have emailed eBay and will see what their take is.

• Options

<< <i>I have emailed eBay and will see what their take is. >>

KEEP US INFORMED on what you Find out!
    imageimage