Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I bought a Autographed 1983 Topps Boggs rookie seller claimed

it was mint and offered my money back plus shipping. SO I took a chance I emailed and nicely told hime it wouldnt grade a 9 or a 8 in my opinion. I want to be fair. What do you guys think this would grade. Every corner has a touch or ding to it.

Jamesimage
x

Comments

• Options

<< <i>and I cant reduce the sixze of the photo to meet PSA 50 KB limit...which by the way is really 45 >>

EMAIL IT TO ME
    and I will see what I can do...

and what do you mean it is
    "really 45kb"?? I uploaded
    a couple that were 49kb
    imageimage
  • Options
    Each time I upload anything over 45 it is rejected. So I use 45 as the cut off.

James
    x
  • Options
    glad to help.
    ~jeff
    imageimage
  • Options
    Jef

Email sent thanks!! I can find the CD to reinstall. I spent 1 1/2 messing with the scanner ...ohhh what fun.

James
    x
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    PSA 7. Maybe a PSA 6 ... I would ask for a refund if there was a good deal of money involved. Actually, I would ask for a refund period.

There was a PSA 9 PSA/DNA on eBay for 99 a few weeks ago.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    I must of missed the PSA 9. I thought I saw a 7oc or something like that. It wasnt much for the card. A little over 20.00. Not including SHipping. I wasnt exspecting mint to be honest but would have take an PSA8 or at least a good chance at an 8. THe seller seemed a little miffed I emailed earlier and requested a refund he said the card was flawless and my judgement is off. It isnt a big deal but thought I would seek a few opinions to see if I was being harsh. And for the record the auto is real I am 99% sure it is. I have the fller and DR psa/dna I needed this one to complete the rookies.

James
    x
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    The card looks good--meaning the centering is not bad, and the color looks excellent. The corners are dinged, so it has no chance for a PSA 8, it may not get a PSA 7.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    hard to see the dings from the scan (or maybe my tiredness is getting the best of me), but assuming the dings are there, i'd ask the seller for a refund. i recently had my 1st request for a refund from a buyer. the card i sent was mint (i.e., no dings, no soft corners, no fading, no creases, etc.) when i shipped it (in a penny sleeve/toploader covered in 2 pieces of thick cardboard and in a bubble envelope). the buyer claims it was creased. no insurance was bought (it wasn't a high $ deal), so i told him i'd refund his $ if he returns the card. however, not all sellers offer refunds if insurance isn't purchased.

i think people sometimes interpret "mint" differently- i.e., some think "mint" means the seller's implying/guaranteeing a card will grade a psa/bgs 10; some think "mint" means "pack fresh" (whatever that means; i take it to mean the card was put in a pennysleeve/toploader shortly after opening the pack). as a buyer and seller, i tend to take "mint" to mean "here's the scan- any defects BEFORE shipping- i.e., soft corners, dings, fading, creases, etc. will be clearly noted. the scan does/should speak to the centering. i make no warranties about what it will grade." i'm assuming you saw the scan before bidding.

if i were the seller, i'd refund your $ once i got the card back. but that's simply b/c i want my buyers to be happy and hope that sellers return the favor to me. if the dings were there BEFORE shipping, i would've listed them as a seller.