they look a lot like the SSPC cards from the
late 70's... are they really that rare
or are there just not that many graded by PSA
because of low value?

1986 Topps P.R.E. Pete Rose set?

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    My graded set of 84 Ralston Purina's are mostly 1 of 1 10's and 9's. Pretty rare if you go by the Pop report, but also pretty worthless. I've never seen these Rose cards either graded or raw. With how much crap out there from the 80's, they might just be more crap.
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    When Rose's popularity took a leap from being/becoming the All Time hit king, Topps put out a set of Pete Rose. It was packaged like the "traded" sets of the day. It was made in conjunction w/ Pete Rose enterprises and told the story of Pete Rose highlighting his life and his career...jay

Edited for spelling
  • Options

<< <i>When Rose's popularity took a leap from being/becoming the All Time hit king, Topps put out a set of Pete Rose. It was packaged like the "traded" sets of the day. It was made in conjunction w/ Pete Rose enterprises and told the story of Pete Rose highlighting his life and his career...jay >>

are these sets still available today?
    if so, where?
    imageimage
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    For about 75 milliseconds, when I first saw the card of the line-up card, I thought it pictured a bet slip or spreads. Silly me.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    BKAH - These sets were made around '86 by Topps and are only available in the secondary market, just like buying an '86 Topps Traded set. If my memory serves, they were in a small red & white box, I used to sell them for $11.99 or $9.99 something like that around 15 years ago...jay
  • Options
    BKAH - Just checked eBay, here ya go...jay
    Pete Rose boxed set on eBay
  • Options
    thanks!
    imageimage
  • Options
    They should be rare. Nobody wants 'em.
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"