Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is this for real????

2781990834 sorry no link but copy and paste it!

Comments

• Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Here's the link...jay
    eBay auction link
  • Options
    KM - Just cause a Dimaggio photo is pictured, doesn't mean you'd get that or something that nice. You could wind up w/ a Luis Sojo 8x10.
    Same goes w/ the graded card, bobble head etc... For $30 its not that much to gamble, but don't expect to hit the big payday...jay
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Sorry what i meant is what company is putting this out? is it not a scam?
  • Options
    I'm sure its 100% legit, a marketing company assembled 1000 graded cards, 1000 signed pieces, 1000 bobbles, 1000 gu cards, and made 1000 4 item boxes. They entice the buyers w/ nicer items that will be distributed at random, so there is a chance to get a great item, but more then likey the items were factory over runs like the bobble heads, and they probably contacted show promoters that had excess of auto items etc... So at $30 or so a box, theres money to be made by them if they purchased right...jay
  • Options
    Jay
    Thanks for all the help!!! other people on this board are so quick to not help and be sarcastic. i might take the 30$ gamble seems like you can break even at least!
  • Options
    KM - Glad I could help!
    The thing about buying a batch like this and figuring you can at least "break-even" is that you will no doubt get items of value, but under ideal circumstances you'd never purchase these on your own.
    Let say you got ....
    Auto photo of Paul Blair
    bobble head of Jason Kidd
    graded card of Wizards rookie Jarvis Hayes
    and a game used bat card of Mo Vaughn
    if you were to look for these individually, it would probably exceed the $30, but I doubt you would ever buy these 4 items without the mystery of the grab bag box. And by the way, your 4 items may not be as good as the 4 examples that I just made up.
    But if you have $30 to burn, its your call, you may hit the jackpot. Nowadays, some packs are $30.00. if you do take the plunge, let us know how it turns out...jay
  • Options
    I'd stay away from it.
  • Options
    Jay
    Like i told other people i do own a store and part owner of a huge website! but cards is like gambling to me im starting to have a strange addiction to this stuff.
  • Options
    KM - Everythings a gamble...
    Submitting cards to a grading company, as we've all rec'd lower (& hopefully) higher grades that we anticipate.
    Everytime we order a meal out, we gamble that it will be cooked fresh, served hot and taste good.
    Everytime I talk w/ my wife, I gamble we don't get into an argument etc.. etc.. etc..image ...jay
  • Options
    Lol Jay another happy married man!!!

Every guy i know around here has started a petition!!! WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE PERSON WHO INVENTED MARIAGE( spelling might be off its late)!!!!!! we'd all like a word with him/her!!!
  • Options
    Hey! I love my wife, about 50% of the time! image ...jay
  • Options
    yeah 50% of the time she says ok you can buy that card!! and 50% of the time she says we have to buy my shoes!!! lol
  • Options
    sorry meant to add my wife is like that!! if i want to buy something then she gets something also!! at least what i buy has resale value!!