Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Need Some Help Jimmie Foxx Related

hi, i recently inherited a 1929 world series home run ball that was hit by jimmie foxx. my great grandfather was at the game and caught it himself. after the game he went and got it signed by jimmie foxx and al simmons. it was recently passed down to me. I have a few questions. does anyone know where i could get it authenticated (not just the signatures, but also the fact that it is a 1929 world series home run ball hit by jimmie foxx.) also does anyone have any idea how much it is worth??? also if i were to sell it, where woudll you reccommend selling it, ebay or some auction house, like in ny or somehting??? any help is appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    check PSA/DNA to get it authenticated..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    i already did, they cannot authenticate the fact that it was used in the world series. they can only authenticate the autographs
  • Options
    Best to contact one of the major auction houses, like Mastro in Chicago. They will be able to determine whether or not it can be verified that it was 1) a 1929 world series ball, and 2) actually a home run ball hit by Foxx during the World Series. Although without some type of documentation from you it may not be possible to authenticate it.

Rick
    Always looking for high-grade 1958-62 Bell Brand and Morrell Meat Dodger cards.
  • Options
    ttt, any more thoughts
  • Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    Interesting topic...thought i'd bring it back to life....how are historical game pieces authenticated?
    I assume in the modern era they mark game balls purposely i.e. when someone is on the verge of a record.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums