Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

grader of death

i hear everyone talking about the "grader of death". is this just 1 person who grades really really tough or is it a few people. also how many people does psa have that grade cards.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I don't know how many graders PSA employs, but this phrase simply means that a collector's submission was treated unusually harshly and critically by PSA, and is meant only as an expression.

Large submitters like jtcards and dsl are given passes, and never have to deal with this fellow, however (kidding, of course!).
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    but this phrase simply means that a collector's submission was treated unusually harshly and critically by PSA, and is meant only as an expression

Wrong.

.........at least at origination, this term refered to a certain grader image

edited: cause Vic told me to
  • Options

Murcerfan,

SSSHH!!!

Don't arouse the grader.I think that he lurks on the boards and he knows who we are image Leave the myth alone!!!image
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Sorry CT, got to disagree on this one. Murcer is bang on. Another good reason to crack out crossovers instead of sending them in in the original holders.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    No problem, I stand corrected! I didn't realize that there actually was a specific fellow that was being referred to there...I just assumed that the phrase meant you got a grumpy grader on that submission. I just hope he/she never sees my cards...
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    A PSA 7 was submitted to GAI in hoped a 7.5 and it was a GAI 7. When submitted back to PSA, it was not holdered.

Go figure.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Neil-
    Was it resubmitted in the GAI holder, or cracked?

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's