Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

HELP!!! PAYPAL???

Hey guys, I just set up a new seller account on eBay called "pack-fresh". I sold a card this past week and the buyer paid through paypal. No big deal there except...

I NEVER SIGNED UP FOR PAYPAL!!! How did this happen??? Did eBay automatically assign the credit-card I used for sign up to pay-pal??? I need some help. I just got home from the hospital tonight (my wife and I had twins) and I check my email and see this!
Man, I hope this isn't a big problem. I have NO time for this garbage. Can anyone enlighten me as to what in the f#1@ might be happening here? Thanks a ton in advance...

dgf

Comments

• Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    1st off congrats to you & the wifeimage
    2nd you don't have to sign up to receive paypal payments, anyone can send you a payment as long as they have your Email address.
    You do not have to accept it however...jay
  • Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    my wife and I had twins

Yeah but you did all the easy work involved.image

If you already had a Paypal account do a listing to see which email comes up on the "I accept paypal" part of preparing a listing.See what that says as an email address should automatically pop up.

• Options
    Congrat's on the twins and just don't accept the PayPal payment, also email your buyer after you have refused the PayPal payment and tell them they need to send payment via money order or whatever you accept.

Paul.
    Check out my new web site: Monsters of the Gridiron
  • Options
    Hi,

congrats on the Twins.

Just had a look your closed auctions and several of them do have that you accept Paypal as a payment option. When you list items there are check boxes for payment methods accepted and you must have accidently ticked it. If you have not registered with Paypal then you follow the link in the e-mail and refuse the payment and it will be refunded to the buyers account with no charges to either of you.

Hopefully the buyer is a nice guy who will understand your mistake and sent another payment by your methods. Looking at you auctions quite a few look like they were won by board members, so they should be cool.

hope that helps.

Matt
    UK based collector.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot guys. You know, I have a deafault with my other ID that says I don't take the paypal--I'd better wqatch that with the new ID. I got scared that someone hijacked me in some way. I was half asleep when I posted this and quite alarmed. Thank you very much for the insight. It's awesome that we have a place like this to get immediate help when we feel stupid. Thanks again!!!

dgf
  • Options

DGF said, It's awesome that we have a place like this to get immediate help when we feel stupid. Thanks again!!!

Think nothing of it........i feel stupid all the time.image

Paul.
    Check out my new web site: Monsters of the Gridiron