Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Michelle Wie cards

Whiach Michelle Wie cards are the most popular and do you think they will be a good investment 5 years dodwn the road. Steve

Comments

• Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    none are from any of the major manufacturers and to my knowledge that makes none of them "officially" licensed, so to me it is a complete throw away of money
    Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    The only ones I know of are those worthless Rookie Review "we're a magazine like Michael Jackson is a dad" cards. You'd be better off buying Kevin Maas rookies than buying those usless things.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks for the help. I'll stay away from those cards. Steve
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    When Sports Illustrated for Kids puts out cards of her, buy that issue. They have a hobby acceptance that none of the current producers of her cards do. Assuming that they beat Upper Deck to the punch in producing cards of her, there will always be a significant number of collectors who will accept it as her rookie card. Be forewarned that her card prices will follow the path of Tiger Woods' (but at lower dollar amounts) - they will skyrocket and then come back down most of the way over a few months. If you buy up quantities of the magazine when it comes out, you should be able to turn a quick profit on the cards.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind also that Wie likely won't be on any licensed cards for awhile since she wants to maintain her amateur status. It could be 5-8 years before she's on a "real" card.

Tabe
    www.tabe.nu
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the help. Steve