Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

A "pop top pig" roosie

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
rainbowroosie April 1, 2003

Comments

• onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭
    That is the famous "bullet hole" variety.... Very rare Bill, I can't believe you don't like it. image

Nick
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both the Coin, obverse, and the Pictures are "Oinkers"

Ken
  • CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've seen that Heritage's scans do not always depict the color and luster very accurately, but on this one FDR appears to have mold growing on his head. I wonder if that spot was on the coin when it was slabbed. It's hard to believe that could be a 67. It'll probably sell cheaply to someone who's more interested in their GPA than the coin inside the holder.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Yuck!
  • MJPHELANMJPHELAN Posts: 760 ✭✭✭
    PCGS might buy that one back. Looks like you could scrape that spot off with a screwdriver and still make it look better!

Mark
    Mark
  • ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, Heritage is down for their move......will have to wait to see this "GEM" but I already have an idea for what to expect. I'm guessing this is a coin in the Long Beach Bullet Sale not Signature??????
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Craig,
    This coin is for you....after you replace the one in YOUR set, sell me your old coin cheap!!!image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    That was vicious, especially if he has not seen this coin.

That thing does a combination of Oinking and Barking at the Moon all night long. If ugly was the in thing this coin would be MS67....Opps thats what it is....

Ken
    Craig, Nick and I never say anything viscious about each other!!!!! The wilder the statement, the bigger the jest!!!!imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    Ok, now I've seen this wonder coin. Very cool color - actually looks pinkish with blazing luster. Then there's the "spot" - I'd guess that the coin was holdered long ago and there was a contaminant on the coin (the black spot in hair) that slowly "spread" or interacted withthe toning to create an essentially "white" area about the contaminant. Its unfortunate because the coins toning might be very cool otherwise. But as has been mentioned, its is a lower pop MS67FB coin (I'm recalling 12 pieces) and normally would fetch about $300. San spot...prhaps more if its a cool as it looks (pink IS unusual). But with that spot......perhaps 1/2 normal value.....my 2 cents.

Bill, thanks for offering to take my current coin should I decide to pounch on this one <g> but my current coin really isn't your taste in coins either!
    Craig

<< <i>Craig, Nick and I never say anything viscious about each other!!!!! The wilder the statement, the bigger the jest!!!!imageimageimageimageimageimageimage >>

You actually like each other.....who would have thumk tat.......

imageimageimageimage
    We dime guys gotta stick together.......our coins are so small that we feel there's safety in numbers.....image
    Craig
    Fairlaneman,
    I'm really trying to get Craig to go the same route as Nick....buy FB roosies and leave non-FB coins for me!!! ...I even sold him a killer 54P FB in MS 67 just to help him along this Registry route......Indeed, I highly encourage every roosie collector out there to dump your non-FB coins as soon as possible...they ain't worth "squat" in the Registry, so why would you want them...However, as you sell them, please be sure to PM me if any have great color.imageimageimageimageimage