Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

feedback removal question

I won an item using the immediate BIN through Paypal. The following day, the seller refunded the payment for no valid reason just stating not for sell at this time. I left the seller a negative and he/she sounded upset on the email to me stating that will send the item free of charge. Stating the item is more important to me than to him/her. I was sensing something fishy about this whole thing.

I got the cards cheap and I guess that's the reason why The seller refunded my money and did the same to another buyer who also left a negative.

Just now when I open my email I saw an email from square trade that the seller wants the negative feedback removed. Seller stated (on square trade reason for removal) that he/she sent the item free of charge and has receipt and delivery confirmation# as proof.

I don't want the seller's cards anymore. I think seller just sent the cards to us free of charge just to get the negative feedbacks removed. Does square trade automatically removed the feedback or will have to wait for my response before removing.

I sent an email to ebay support last night (about the whole thing) but have not gotten a response. I don't want the seller filing an NPB or final credit that will hold against my account.

RIP Snow

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Though I understand your concern -- if he sent you the items you bid on, and did not ask for you to pay for them -- I think that the seller has a good story to sell SquareTrade for getting the feedback removed.

Perhaps you could leave an amendment to your original negative stating "Resolved with seller - seller sent item to me free of charge". That may allow you to keep what is there and not have it removed? Not sure. But I'm not 100% sure I understand your logic on why the seller still deserves a negative in this situation?
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    To begin with, sending an email to ebay support is about as usefull as asking the government to refund all your taxes you have ever paid. Give it up, they will not respond with anything other than, blah blah blah, we don't want to get involved.

Next, square trade will automatically remove a negative if you do not respond within 14 days I believe. So if you still feel it is justified, you will need to respond by then, if not just agree to have it mutually removed. Although in this case I would require the person to give you a reason why the item was no longer for sale.
    Always wanting odd-ball Nolan Ryan's.
  • Options
    the seller decided to withdrew (close) the square trade FB removal case stating that will go elsewhere to solve the problem. I have not responded to any square trade email and don't know how. I don't know if the other buyer got the withdrawal message that I got.

I received the package today. I don't know what's inside. I did not open and have no intention to. I also got an email from the seller asking me my plans on removing the negative feedback since he/she mailed the cards. I don't get it. Seller is trying to cut a deal? Seller withdrew the petition for FB removal. I'm not going to spend $25 (I think that's the square trade fee) for that $6.99 worth of cards. The seller created the problem and he/she find a way to do it without my involvement. Seller never explain (I did not asked) why my payment was refunded. The only response I got after leaving the negative is that seller stated he/she sending the cards because it is more Important to me than to him/her. 2x in seller emails to me. I want to move on. I think the neg is deserving.

Honestly, I don't want the cards anymore. I bought similar cards from other sellers to fill the missing cards in the set.

RIP Snow