Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

MY 1,000th POST - New Camera, New 1934-D MS66 Quarter

It's been great collecting this series. One coin to go (1932-D - MS64) but this VERY NICE 1934-D MS66 is the newest addition to my collection. Filmed with my new Canon Rebel Digital Camera. I think I need some help with the lighting but this 34-D is one of the toughest dates in this grade and not many come this nice.

HAVE A GREAT DAY! THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!

Comments

• Options
    WhitewashqtrWhitewashqtr Posts: 737 ✭✭✭
    ttt..just in case you missed it
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    This may be the year i get off my lazy butt and buy a digital.

Nice coin, nice pic too.

Scanners are ok, but just don't compare to cameras. I know that, but can't convince myself to buy a camera. Too many other things going on I guess. I need a secretary to keep track of all the things I want to do. It will happen though... eventually. image
    Dan
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Great hair detail for a 34 too.
  • Options
    Congratulations, that is a very nice 34D and a pretty darned good photo.

Dave
    Love those toned Washingtons
  • Options
    WhitewashqtrWhitewashqtr Posts: 737 ✭✭✭
    Craig - Yes, the coin is whiter and much more lustrous. Hence, my reference to the "lighting". I used a low watt flourecent lamp. Obviously, its not bright enough and a regular bulb doesnt work well either. I am not much of a photographer, but promise to get better. Funny thing is that when I look at the pics on my laptop they are much more representative than when they were uploaded. Not sure the problem.

As for the coin, it is a very nice solid 66. Lustrous and 98% untoned. There is some slight toning, as you can see, below the neck. But its a completely original coin.
  • Options
    Congrats on reaching 1K! image