Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Help with Morgan Registry

Hi Everyone

I am having a difficult time figuring out which registry to place my Morgan Dollars in?

I have common dates...including CC Morgans...I have the 8tf 78 coin...I have many DMPL coins.

Which set should I place my registry in?

I looked at the different ones...and it seemed a bit confusing to me.

I have about 12 DMPL coins...something like that.

I wasn't sure if that means I need to put mine in the proof like section or what?

Not all my coins are DMPL like though...and I am not just collecting those type coins. Many of them are rainbow coins.

Thanks for any help that might be provided image

Good Day

I love coins...image

Comments

• Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    Place them in the regular set. When you register them by the prooflike registry, you might be very busy with looking for other dates in DMPL, wich can be very hard.

Dennis
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    If you want to, you can register them (i.e. the same coins) in all categories which apply.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    JoshLJoshL Posts: 656 ✭✭
    I registered my set under the basic Morgan set...to start with.

One of my coins...it comes back as someone else owns it?

One of my coins doesnt show up at all in the PCGS "computer"

I love coins...image
  • Options
    Both cases are common:
    (1) somebody owned the coin, put it in their registry set, then sold it and forgot to remove it.
    (2) simply a typo, either on the slab or when entering it into the database at PCGS.(double check that you entered the # correctly)

I have had both happenimage

Contact customer service and they will walk you thru the steps to correct
    The glass is half full!
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Make scans of the problematic coins and mail them to bj@collectors.com (she will fix it for you).
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
    JoshL: Just send me all those nasty toned Morgans and your problem will almost be solved. You will be able to see a lot clearer after those coins have left your handsimageimage
  • Options
    Josh...though a 'newbie' here, and certainly not a Morgan guy, I ran into the same problem registering my Morgans so noone else could claim them. I had an 1888-O in an older, rattler slab. If yours is in this type of slab, the cert is either no good or would show a whole nother series coin. If this is the case, you would need to send it in for a reslab, under 'mechanical error'. It took me 37 days to have this done, but you get a scratch-free slab, new cert #. If its the old rattler, call customer service or just put on the submission form 'mechanical error'. Hope this has been some help.

Mark
    'My name is...... Shakezula, the mic rulah, the old schoola, you wanna trip, I'll bring it to ya.....'