Home PSA Set Registry Forum

High grade 60's/70's Football/Basketball collection for sale!

Hello all!

I am a long time lurker of the set registry message boards but a first time poster. I think it's great how Collectors Universe created these message boards so collectors can interact with eachother about their sets and special finds.

I myself have been a collector of 60's and 70's both football and basketball commons and stars in high grade and have put together a decent sized collection but NEVER registered a card. Unfortunatley, due to some unexpected circumstances I must part with some of my collection and before I went out offering it on eBay or to dealers I wanted to offer some to the collectors who I believe would enjoy my treasures the most.

Here we go! (all are PSA graded)

Football

1960 Fleer- I have about 30 different 8's and about 12 different 9's
1961 Fleer- I have about 75 different 8's and about 18 different 9's
1962 Fleer- I have about 10 different 8's and about 8 different 9's
1963 Fleer- I have about 10 different 8's and only a couple of 9's
1969 Topps- I have about 30 different 8's and about 16 different 9's from this amazing set (many are 1/1s!!)
1970 Topps- I have about 40 different 8's, 7 or 8 9's and 1 10!
1972 Topps- One common PSA 10
1978 Topps- About 100 different 8's, 100 different 9's and a few 10's
1979 Topps- About 100 different 8's, 125 different 9's and 12 10's

Basketball

1969 Topps- 3 PSA 9's (#'s 29, 4, 92)
1970 Topps- 1 PSA 9 (#56-very tough card in the set)
1971 Topps- About 25 different 8's and about 20 different 9's (many 1/1s!!) Also I have 2 very special PSA 10's (checklist and Chamberlain/Jabbar leader card! both 1/1s)
1972 Topps-About 10 different 9's
1977 Topps-Austin Carr PSA 10

This is all I have for sale right now but last month I purchased a deal of 1960's Football sets for $15,000. The cards are amazingly high grade and I will be sending them in in the next month so I will have some very nice stuff when those come back image

If any of you are collecting any of these sets and would like to hear details on prices and what cards I have for each set please email me at VintageBallCards@aol.com and I will email you back promptly.
PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT LOOKING TO BLOW THESE OUT, IF YOUR LOOKING TO STEAL A DEAL DON'T EMAIL ME, I AM A COLLECTOR AND PAID MY DUES IN THE CARD MARKET FOR SOME OF THESE BABIES!

Thanks for reading my post!

Comments

• JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    I sent an e-mail with wantlist from those sets.

Let me know if you have any of the cards listed.

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Email sent.
    Thanks
    Albie
  • I sent an e-mail.
    Thanks,
    Michael
  • Email sent.
    Thank you,
    Brad
    Wanted:
    1961 Topps FB PSA 8
    1970 Topps FB PSA 9
  • ygm!!!!
    -- Remember, don't do drugs, have unprotected sex, or kill anyone...leave that stuff to me.

• pcpc Posts: 743
    welcome to the boards and thanks for the 1964
    stand up purchases tonight on ebay.lmk your info.
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Email sent regarding 1971 Topps Basketball. Tim
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭
    Have any of ytou heard back from this guy?
    3 emails and no response.

Loves me some shiny!
  • I have not - Jeremy
    Jeremy
  • DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Yes--great guy!!

We did a sizable deal.

Dav
  • Hello everyone and thank you for all the emails regarding my collection. I noticed a couple of people in the thread stated they have not received an email from me which is strange because I thought everyone had been responded to, I apologize if you hadn't received a response as something must have gone wrong in transit. Please email me and I will respond promptly as always.

Thanks!
  • I did not receive an email regarding my interest in his 1971 Topps Basketball. I did send him another message and hope for a response.
  • Did anyone else have a transaction with VintageBallCards? I purchased two 1971 Topps Basketball PSA 9s. Paid with PayPal on Jan. 25. He agreed to ship Jan. 26th. Have not received the cards or a response to email and private messages trying to verify shipment.
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭
    I emailed 3 x and finally gave up.

Loves me some shiny!
  • AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    He initially replied that he had 2 cards I needed, then went radio silent.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    I paid for some cards with PayPal on 1/26, and the seller said that they would be mailed on 1/27. As of 2/3, the cards had not arrived, so I sent this email. It was not answered, and I sent it again on 2/4:

> Danny,
    >
    > I haven't received these cards yet. Did you mail them last Tuesday?
    >
    > Mike

On 2/4 I got this response:

> Mike, I am very sorry, they just made their way back to me....Says wrong address, please confirm which address they need to be sent and they will go out first thing tomorrow.

> I am very sorry for this

> Danny

Maybe he got your address wrong, too.

Has anyone received cards from this person yet?

Mike

• wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

I sent paypal payment on Wednesday January 21,
    and received the cards on Monday the 26th, everything fine.

Danny e-mailed me his phone number.
    I never called it, but here's the one he gave me : 650 - 520 - 3272

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
    Thanks, Wolfbear, that's a relief.

Mike
  • he replied to my email the same day, but i didn't buy anything.
    Wanted:
    1961 Topps FB PSA 8
    1970 Topps FB PSA 9
  • RobBobGolfRobBobGolf Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    I got a reply, but there were no bargains, as he stated.

RobBob
    Serving Ice-Custard-Happiness since 2006

An update: the phone number that Wolfbear gave us above is no longer in service. It was still in service yesterday, and Danny's voice messaging service answered it--with Danny's voice. I left a message, but it was not returned, and the cards I paid for have still not arrived. He does not answer emails, either.

I sent Davalillo an email this morning, asking him if he received the cards he ordered. He said yes, but he did not send his check until the cards arrived. Wise man.

If anyone has advice on how to deal with someone in another state, I would appreciate it. I have filed a complaint with PayPal, but I am not optimistic about how much they will help.

If this person resurfaces, I highly recommend not dealing with him. The address he gave me, in case I wanted to pay by check, is this:

Bay Area Collectibles
    1222 Oak Grove Ave #110
    Burlingame, CA 94010

The email addresses I have are VintageBallCards@aol.com and ken_n@verizon.net.

Mike
  • I remember seeing the Austin Carr PSA 10 on Ebay. That auction started on January 27th, yet this initial post was on January 19th. Maybe he sold the card quickly, and then it was listed on Ebay quickly. It might be a coincidence, it might not be. That would have required a fairly fast turn around time.

I wish you all luck on your transactions.
  • I wonder about this "VintageBallCards" guy. This is very fishy.

He was the same one who started this unbelievable thread, perhaps trying to evoke sympathy here, about blowing $15,000 on LeBron James' cards.

Other thread started by VintageBallCards

Be afraid. Be very afraid!

Skycap
  • Now I know who this guy is - last year after many phone conversations and emails Danny wanted to buy a large lot of cards from us.
    We agreed on a price after about a week and then I sent an invoice. He responded immediatley by saying he was going to overnight payment. Well, days turned into week and I finally got the hint he either changed his mind or was playing a game.

Yes Danny from SF - I justed looked for the cell phone number I had for him but thinking I wouldn't be dealing with him anymore, I ditched it with last years planner. He also shafted a couple of seller on some stuff under the eBay ID psasetregistry. He also had a matching email back then psasetregistry@aol.com. Not sure if it is still in service but thought I would pass this along to those who might get some use out of it. Nice guy on the phone and in email, but with NO follow though.

Best of luck everyone - let me know if I can help at all in any other way. Jeremy
    Jeremy
  • I just searched all of my old emails and the phone number wolfbear provided is the same one I had.
    Back to the drawing board - Jeremy
    Jeremy
  • Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it works out for you guys but I bought a card from him on ebay last year, just as Jeremy menitoned, setregistry or something similar. Anyway, long story short I never got my card or my refund. Got 3 or 4 e-mails saying the card was being sent, but never was. Thankfully it was only $35, I hope it works out better for you guys than it did for me.
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • I had just the opposite experience. I just completed an ebay deal with him, and recieved the cards on time with no problems. I didn't realize it was the same dealer - but the e-mail is the same. Maybe I was just lucky.
    John Vineyard

Thanks, everyone, for your information and support, both here and in private messages. (I'd encourage those of you who contacted me privately to post here, too.) If I get a resolution of any sort, I will post it here.

Be careful out there.

Mike
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I'm going to Burlingame on the 20th. If anyone can find a phone number for him, I'll make sure to give him a call (and maybe a visit).

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Uh Oh...

I recently won 10 auctions for various PSA 9 football. The seller's ebay handle was bacdeals. The handle was changed from bac_collectibles on January 26. This didn't bother me because the seller had 100% positive feedback of 175. I paid via Paypal (using a credit card) on February 8 and I received an e-mail and February 9 saying the cards were shipped. He left positive feedback for all of the auctions upon receiving payment. The interesting thing is that the e-mail address was ken_n@verizon.net, and the e-mail was signed "BAC" [presumably Bay Area Collectibles]. It's too early to tell if this transaction will go OK but I will post the results either good or bad.

John
    Mainly collecting 1956-1980 Topps Football, 1960-1963 Fleer Football, 1964-1967 Philadelphia Football, 1957-1980 Topps Hockey, 1968-1980 O-Pee-Chee Hockey, and 1976 Topps Basketball. Looking for PSA 9 NQ (or higher) in 1972-1980, and PSA 8 NQ or higher for pre-1972.
  • RobBobGolfRobBobGolf Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Bought 6 PSA Football cards from bacdeals on Feb 3rd, and have them allready. FYI

RobBob
    Serving Ice-Custard-Happiness since 2006

• I won something less then 2 weeks ago and received it promptly from the BACdeals.Never realized it was Bay area collectibles. there was a real problem with him about 8-9 months ago, there was a thread on here of someone trying to help other people retrieve their money through paypal from auctions won from him, paypal ruled in favor for me but said they could do nothing about the money. I had his phone # and left many threatening messages. Never heard anything back, then a couple of weeks after that my auctions had arrived. He got a rash of negitives in a row , he went from perfect to getting about 15 in a 3 week span.Good luck, from past experience I think you will get your stuff , it will just take a while.If it was through PAypal , file a claim immediately, you might get your money back through them.
    If it's worth doing..It's worth overdoing!!
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

I won some auctions from bacdeals on eBay a couple of weeks ago,
    paid via paypal, and the cards arrived promptly and in great condition.

Funny thing is my paypal payment for those cards went to Kenneth Newman,
    and the cards I bought from VintageBallCards off this board also went to Kenneth Newman.

Any updates on this matter ?

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • After reading VintageBallCard's thread, I contacted him (Danny) and purchased two 1971 Topps Basketball PSA 9s on January 25th. I paid by PayPal. The PayPal ID was ken_n@verizon.net. I have not received the cards or a reply to numerous email messages. I have also filed a complaint with PayPal and have not received any response as of today. Since I live in the cold Midwest, a trip to the Bay Area sounds appealing about now. Tim
    When I asked Danny who Ken was, he told me that Ken is the guy who does his ebay auctions.

No cards here yet, no response from anyone. I filed a PayPal complaint, too.

Mike
    Sorry if this saga is getting boring, but perhaps some of you will be interested in the PayPal complaint process.

I got a response to my complaint. The seller--or rather, the person whose PayPal account he was using--provided a bogus delivery confirmation number (it doesn't even resemble a USPS number), and PayPal bounced it back to him. I'm impressed so far: PayPal didn't pass it on to me to respond to; they checked it out themselves and rejected it. Just in case he meant UPS, I checked the code on the UPS site, too. It's not a valid UPS code, either.

I'll append the response I got when I logged into my PayPal account.

Mike

----------

Seller Name:
    Kenneth Newman
    Seller Email:
    ken_n@verizon.net
    Transaction Amount:
    -$xx.xx USD
    Transaction Date:
    Jan. 26, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PayPal Case ID:
    PP-031-495-119
    Reason for Dispute:
    Non-Receipt
    Date of Complaint:
    Feb. 10, 2004
    Reviewing Seller's Response
    Status Details:
    The seller has responded to our initial inquires about this transaction.

PayPal reviewed all of the information supplied by the seller, however the seller could not prove delivery to your confirmed address or that a previous refund was provided.

Tracking Number: er560791234
    Tracking Company: USPS
  • Here's the tracking number he furnished to PayPal for my complaint: er560791248us. Guess what? It doesn't exist.

• After reading Howard's (Nuyauwka's) post I went into my past ebay auctions.
    I won a $500.00 card from Bay area collectibles on 27 May 03. After many emails and 3-4 weeks I finally received the card.

I checked his past ebay username of Bay area collectibles, that went NARU on 21 July 03. 4 negs. and 3 neutrals in one week. One of the Neg's did post that he was reimbursed $1,600+ by the guy.

He's reading this, so keep on him. Hopefully everyone will get what they paid for.

mx'er

Alleluia! I received my cards today, Express Mail. In one Express Mail envelope inside another, with no packing, as if they were packaged at the post office. The holders look brand new, and the numbers show that they were all from the same batch. Perhaps they went straight from the PSA box into the Express Mail envelopes?

Whatever. They're nice cards, and I finally have them. I'll be waaaaay more cautious when buying from a stranger next time, though.

Mike
  • Glad to see it worked out Mike.
    Wanted:
    1961 Topps FB PSA 8
    1970 Topps FB PSA 9
  • Just an update on my last post:

I received the cards I ordered yesterday (February 17). The cards were packed fairly well and arrived undamaged. The delivery was not lightning fast, but I did receive the cards in just over a week from when I paid for them. Overall, no complaints on this transaction for me. I wish those who are still having problems with this seller the best of luck.

John
    Mainly collecting 1956-1980 Topps Football, 1960-1963 Fleer Football, 1964-1967 Philadelphia Football, 1957-1980 Topps Hockey, 1968-1980 O-Pee-Chee Hockey, and 1976 Topps Basketball. Looking for PSA 9 NQ (or higher) in 1972-1980, and PSA 8 NQ or higher for pre-1972.