Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question about Insurance

Hi, this question is more for people who have a lot of money invested in their sportscard collections. I have approximatley $10,000 worth of sportscards, and I'm looking to get them insured.

I already talked to my insurance agent, and he said that I would have to get them appraised. It would cost me $6 for every $1000 worth of coverage per year to insure them.

I'm just wondering what you guys all use for insurance. If you go thru your insurance agent or if you use an outside company that just insures sportscards. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig
Collecting running back, reciever, and quarterback greats and hall of fame rookies.

Comments

• Options
    I just added it to my homeowners insurance. No hassle at all. It cost me an additional $10.00 month for 50k coverage.
  • Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    Many insurance companies also can write a personal articles policy which covers sports collectibles. They would require a schedule of items you own and some way to substantiate the value. Most Personal Lines companies (Am Fam, State Farm, Allied, Etc) offer this type of coverage, also Travellers has an add in the SCD on occasion as well as other places for a policy designed specifically for sportscards, but unsure of the cost.

Hopes this helps.

Dave
    Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    Craig,talk to JeffVn on ebay or here.He knows a lot about this subject.

• Options
    Craig make sure you ask a lot of questions. I went through this and it varies from company to comapny and state to state when using homeowners.
    Wanted:
    1961 Topps FB PSA 8
    1970 Topps FB PSA 9