Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

URGENT QUESTION: PSA HOLDER TAMPERING??

I purchased a card from Ebay recently that showed no scan, but gave the PSA 10 reference #.

In putting this card away I noticed an anomaly I've never noticed...in fact, under direct light I would have missed it all together. Under a dim light, held on an angle , the "strip" which identifies the card at the top is noticeably depressed, like someone took their thumb and pressed it down on the right side....there is a "mark" like indented paper and the label strip shows the impression on the front as a bubble effect on the back.

Can this happen under natural circumstances or tampering only. How else can I tell?

Comments

• Options
    If you're talking about dented or wrinkled labels. I have a several cards with them and I think it happens when the card is encapsulated. If you think your card was tampered with, check the edges of the slab itself around the seam and look for "clouding".
  • Options
    Beachbum,
    You paid for a 10. That would indicate that you have SOME reasonable expectation of what that card would look like...I would hope. That said, does the freakin' thing look "virtually perfect" or is it clearly a brutal dog? As dbj77 (with a cool new icon--by the way) stated, wrinkled or depressed flips are not uncommon. Your question is legitimate, but we need to use some common sense with these things. The odds that we're talking about here that your card/holder has been compromised are astronomical. The hysterics created by the WIWAG incident are so disproportionate to the microscopic sampling of those cards in the marketplace--comparatively speaking-no one to my knowledge has exact numbers nor should they care. If you like the card and it met your expectations, ENJOY it and proudly display it. If it's a dog, have PSA review it or toss it on eBay...

dgf
  • Options
    Beachbum,
    I apologize for my tone above, but your post read: "URGENT", I thought I'd answer as such. I've never felt any matter concerning sportscards was "urgent" and the title of the post was, in my opinion, inflammatory. Given the current hobby climate, hysterics are not good for anybody.

dgf