Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

No Merc Threads on Page 1. ??? My Picture added to first post.

What do you think of this coin ? Don't hold back now......image

Not my pictures and the coin should be here Tuesday. Hmmm.......

Now My pictures. A little better picture added this morning. Wednesday.

Ken

Comments

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    umm I was in middle of typingimage it is full bands for sure - not sure about the toning Ken looks nice but ....... definently mint state and yup perhaps it is nicer in real life I bet - image

marc

Edited for completing this thread image
  • Options
    Seems to have the true look of an original toned merc. Will probably look even better in person.
    Merc collector.
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    63FBimage
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RBR........Not Even Close......image

Ken
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken,

The image looks like it's a scan rather than a photo, so the color may be correct, but the luster will probably be better when you see the coin. It'll be interesting to see your photo after you receive this one.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

Old holder MS66FB
    As for the color, I don't think that is your photo, and I will not comment on the color until I see your photo.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    and here is a 41D that came with the 39D. The auction picture made this coin look worse than what was done with the 39D.

Ken
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken,

The '39-D is barely recognizable as being the same coin as shown in the seller's scan. Very nice!image And the '41-D ain't half bad, either!

That seller needs to invest in a good digital camera. He'll scare most people away with scans like that. It takes a good imagination to envision what a coin really looks like, based on a scan, but you've proven that you have a "good eye".

Congrats! imageimage
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    Umm sorry I'm slow & tired tonite but what's the grade then Ken on that 39D? and BTW, the actual is indeed much nicer - it seems you did wellimage

Marc
  • Options
    Jim:

Those are Heritage Pictures......image Sort of makes you wonder a little.

Marc:

Both coins are 67FB coins.

Ken
  • Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    Hi Ken,

Heck, I don't think I would have given either a second look from the Heritage pictures. If I ever auction my collection, I'm having Ken take the photos! image

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • Options
    I believe many know to look past just the photos on Heritage - personally I'm surprised such a great outfit would resort to such photography for so long. I've seen others comment on this for some time now tooimage

Marc