Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA to grade autographed baseballs...

Details here.

I wonder what kind of holder they will encapsulate them in? A sealed cube?

-
JR

Edited the title, despite enjoying the gutter-ish humor. image

Comments

• Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Interesting service, but what happens years down the road when that gem mint white Derek Jeter autographed baseball that got a Mint or Gem Mint grade starts to yellow? Without the proper holder, a grade today may not mean much down the road. Hopefully they use UV blocking airtight holders for them.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Sean - I guess it wouldn't be any different then a Mint PSA-9 card fading while on display on a shelf over the years, or a Kelloggs card cracking after being slabbed. The graders assign a grade when they look at the card, not on what it may become in the future...jay
  • Options

WHO'S ??? image

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭
    I looked at the title of this thread and my mind immediately went in to the gutter:

"I guess I'll have to settle for a 10, because that's as high as they go, if you know what I mean!" image
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    I'm actually surprised that it took this long to sink to this level. Maybe it's because I was working and hadn't seen this thread to post to it yet.
  • Options

Vargha,

I am sure of that!!!

I was surprised that I beat you to the punch image

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    True indeed, but (and you knew this was coming) I guess the saying "Buy the ball, not the holder" will be come a common phrase...image

<< <i>Sean - I guess it wouldn't be any different then a Mint PSA-9 card fading while on display on a shelf over the years, or a Kelloggs card cracking after being slabbed. The graders assign a grade when they look at the card, not on what it may become in the future...jay >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭
    Sean (or anyone else that might know)--

could you please recommend a holder that would prevent a baseball
    from toning? Thanks!
  • Options
    That would be fantastic, I wonder how they are going to slab them.
    If they look cool, I'll submit my Hack Wilson autograph baseball.
    Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Vargha, you're slipping. You had a perfect opportunity for a Palmeiro joke. As a penalty, you must start to build another PSA graded 8 or better Topps set. I suggest 1971, to show you are truly penitent. image

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    I figured something like this would be along soon. Cool idea but what about baseballs with multiple signatures. I have a 500 HR ball that I would love to grade

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• Options
    I wonder, since Baseballs will be graded, can we add them to our set registry?
    This would help me to plug in some holes in my Hall of Fame Autograph set.
    That would be sweet.

Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options
    Ultra-Pro makes a supposedly UV proof baseball box, but it's pretty new on the market. You could try that.

<< <i>Sean (or anyone else that might know)--

could you please recommend a holder that would prevent a baseball
    from toning? Thanks! >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Nick -- did you mean to say "penitent" or "insane"?
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I meant penitent. The fact that you sold your '49 Bowman PCL set and '49 Bowman set to pay for upgrading your '51 Bowman set, and then turned around and sold that to pay for things for your wife already showed us you're truly insane. image

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    JmnesqJmnesq Posts: 250 ✭✭
    I've got a late 50s Yankees signed team ball that I'd like to have 1) authenticated; 2) graded; 3) determined exactly what I have. Any of you guys feel up to the challenge? Not sure what year the ball is from.
    Jeff

Collecting Bowman Chrome Phillies Rookie Cards and Mike Schmidt certified auto cards.
  • Options
    I think this is a great idea. But if it is like Tickets or even PSA / DNA it won't be an AFFORDABLE service for average collectors.
  • Options
    PSA/DNA will authenticate and grade a signed card for $20... Unless the auto is Joe Schlabotnick, that seems reasonable to me. Hopefully, balls won't be much more expensive. I'd also like to see an "upgrade"(grade only) service for autos that have already been authenticated.

-
    JR