Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Why is this forum so dead?

291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
Am I the only one who senses a declining interest in this forum? Any idea why?
All glory is fleeting.

Comments

• Options
    Attention span..... mmmm.... what was your question?
  • Options
    clw54clw54 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭
    It looks plenty active to me.
  • Options
    The few users who post for the purpose of creating propaganda and ill will may be a reason, IMHO.
  • Options
    << It looks plenty active to me. >>

I agree. There seems to be a great deal of activity here.
    Author of MrKelso's official cheat thread words of wisdom on 5/30/04. image
    imageimage
    Check out a Vanguard Roth IRA.
  • Options
    If its dead right now I'm glad, I had to be away for about 48 hrs. I got on at 8:00 this morning to find I was only 300 threads behind. (That's threads, not messages. Twelve pages of them.) I am now caught up to date and it has only taken me 14 hours. If it had been busy I'd have never caught up.
  • Options
    I noted a couple days ago that the number of
    registered members is steadily increasing.
    That would indicate an "Alive and Well" status to me.
  • Options
    You must be on a different forum than me image. There's so many topics each day, I rarely have time to get past the second page. I will say this, when my interest in coins gets a little stale, this forum seems a little dull. But when my interest in coins is high, this forum seems even more enjoyable. Maybe there's a correlation image
    Bill
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,422 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interest does wax and wane and it seems a little more active in the last 30 hours than
    it had been. The quickest way to get a handle on activity is to count the number of
    threads. Right now there are 1481 threads which have been responded to in the last
    twenty days. In April, 02 there were 1320. This number increased rapidly until it peaked
    at about 1520 at the time of the bannings. It has been increasing again for a while now.

This doesn't, of course, take quality or lenght of threads into account but there is likely
    some correlation. For me things will seem dead when there aren't any threads that In-
    terest me when someone else may find the place hopping. Look at all the threads on
    unusual coins lately, this keeps the minting experts pretty busy while some don't read
    them at all.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Post holiday blues, holiday debts and people just need time to recover.

Much as the tides ebb and flow , so does the Forum reflect the ever changing moods.

All will be well in time, all will be back, to what passes here for normal.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,422 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Post holiday blues, holiday debts and people just need time to recover.

Much as the tides ebb and flow , so does the Forum reflect the ever changing moods.

All will be well in time, all will be back, to what passes here for normal.image >>

Time don't fly, it bounds and leaps.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    Everyone is fleeing en masse to the Darkside, where real coins can be bought for reasonable amounts of money.

We ARE watching you.

• Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well as the old axiom goes, "It can't be all fun and games." Now that FUN is finished we will all heed your call and get back to work post digging, er.. post posting.
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    maybe it's dead because the killed off (bann'd) so many users?

K S
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Ain't dead to me. Just the same as always: some people leave, some stay, some join.
  • Options
    I don't post alot here on the coin forum unless I have something to say that I think is a contribution to the particular topic being discussed.image Are if I just want to poke fun of a particular forum member like Cammie!image

• Options
    I don't think it is dead either - I actually agree that this forum is so active that I cannot keep up with all the good info posted. I often see threads on page 4 or 5 that I missed, that are dated the same day I'm looking at them.

I've see many other forums that I would call "dead" long before this one came to mind......
    SNIKT!
    You are doing well, subject 15837. You are a good person.
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭
    Part of the problem is that many of the interesting characters keep getting themselves banned.
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dead is the stamp forum - check it out.

Too many interesting, educational posts - we need more flame wars! imageimage
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file