Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I must have 20 pounds of auction catalogues on my desks, all from the past MONTH? Isn't this market

Reminds me of the big shows back in 1989. It is a great opportunity for ALL collectors to view amazing coins that do not come out very often. That's my favorite thing about bull markets. But it still is hard to believe the markets can absorb all (most) of these coins. Tens of millions of dollars finding homes within a few weeks....stunning.

Seth
Collecting since 1976.

Comments

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got 2 hard bound versions of the Heritage gold sales in the mail - I'm up to 24 pounds!imageimage
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    How do you get on the list for heritages catalogs? I am interested in one
  • Options
    greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    How do you get on the list for heritages catalogs? I am interested in one

Spend a lot of money with them and they will send them complimentary. I don't know how much you have to spend annually to get on their list but the catalogs are expensive to produce, so I think they try to send them only to people they know are serious buyers of significant coins.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Options
    Heritage auction catalogs are $70 for a 1 year subscription
    Dan

My quarters:
    Silver
    Clad
    Statehood
  • Options
    O well, too much for me, ill just browse their stiff online
  • Options
    I do buy at auction. However I think if you go to a show and sign up as a bidder and view some lots you might get on the mailing list for free catalogues. Does anybody know for sure?

I think the auction houses should offer CDs of their catalogues. They are much cheaper to produce. So cheap they can give away more of them for free.

Seth: are you saying this market is like '89? I got caught out by the stock market bubble and have a few coins I'd like to sell if we are in a bubble market. My gut says this is just a bull market, not yet a bubble.

• Options
    SethChandlerSethChandler Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭✭
    Carl, I'm not a rocket scientist regarding the coin market so I'd never make any kind of predictions and, in general, the words investment and coin should never be used in the same sentence, IMHO. The point that I was trying to make is that one of the wonderfull things about a healthy market is all the great coins that come out for sale. ALL collectors benefit this in the sense that it is all about educational opportunities. The great coins in the catalogues by the dozen that anyone can read about or, even better, view at a major show. That, is the funest part of a strong market.
    Seth
    Collecting since 1976.
  • Options
    I spent about $600 with Heritage over the past year. No catalogs came my way. So the cut off must be higher.

Myriads
  • Options
    SethChandlerSethChandler Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭✭
    If you don't spend alot of $ buying coins, just spend a couple of hundred $ and get subcriptions to all the auction houses. One of the best "investments" you'll ever do.

Seth
    Collecting since 1976.
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    tells you that coins aren't sticking in real collections

K S
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coins never stick in real collections. Only sets of coins stick in real collections. Too many duplicates!!
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file