Home U.S. Coin Forum

A ebay story. A good one I think

I placed a bid on a PCGS graded Ike Proof. I was checking out ebay not wearing my glasses and saw a PR69DCAM 1976 II for my collection. Placed a bid just to see how high it would go. Well, after 4 days I thought for sure I was out bid ($20.00 bid), but my bid was still in the lead. Well I won the coin to find out why I may have won. As I went to checkout I found that the title line stated a PR68DCAM but the list pic was a PR69DCAM. Well I cussed myself for using the computer without glasses and paid for the coin. I sent an email asking if/which coin I had one but the email bounced back.

Coin came in the mail today.

PR69DCAM. Just plain wonderful coin.

I thought that I had screwed myself but the seller really came through IMO

Oh the sellers name.... centsles

110% first rate in my book. I hope to have a chance to bid on another coin from them and give them a little more of a fair market price.

Oh yeah, I made the font larger on my computer and have my glasses on....

Sucks to get old it do.

Dave
In Laurel
MD

Just a fist full of Dollars

Comments

• Robert turns over a helluvalotta coins...Good deal for you...image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭

I just bought some SMS CAM's from them, cheap tooimage
  • Dollars, i've done the same thing more than i want to admit, it sucks when the eyes start to play tricks on you.image
    Michael
  • uofa1285uofa1285 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭
    Congrats on a nice win!

Doug
    Visit my eBay Store to see my (mostly) overpriced Rainbow Toned PCGS/NGC coins! IshopCoinShows4You
  • Congrats!! image
  • I have dealt with centsles via eBay several times and each transaction has been problem free.

He even puts up with a "buyer from hades" that I know personally and would not like to deal with this buyer myself.

Good eBay seller imho
  • I've bought many times from centsles on ebay and have always been satisfied.

I've also messed up bidding more than once and I can't blame it on "no glasses" and one didn't work out. I bid on a year set of PCGS PF69DCAM state quarters (I forget which year) and I won with a low-ball bid. Unfortunately, I was bidding on the silver set but the auction was on the clad! I thought I had a great score until I looked at the pic and read the fine print. How do you spell dum?

Mike
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file