Home U.S. Coin Forum

Another nice pattern from Rick Kay

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
Had a great time at the FUN show messing around with Kay, Boiler78, Numismatist, Rick Snow, Bret Palser (who broke his shoulder and still worked the show), JB Stevens and others. Rick always has some great patterns and this year was no exception. Bought this J212 with the broad bust indian for a very reasonable price. It's PCGS P65. Thanks again Rick for another painless transaction!imageimage

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.

Comments

• Gorgeous coin! It was great meeting you at FUN! - there were some awesome patterns there!
  • Wow, that's sharp!
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FC57 - good to meet you too, though you don't look anything like your icon!imageimage
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.
  • PushkinPushkin Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭

Beautiful coin - nice catch!
  • Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    That's a great coin!!!!

I wish I could buy one.................................................

Dennis
  • damn lake, how much money do you have? Gee wiz, I will be your coin secretary for $50 g's a year.
    IndianHeadMan:

This is the first show where I've sold more than I bought. The collection is now self sustaining by choice - if I can't sell something, I won't buy either!imageimage
  • boiler78boiler78 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you need any advice on what to sell I would be happy to help!image
  • IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭
    Great addtion to your collection. I noticed the copper schoolgirl pattern that ANR had on the block didn't sell.
    Boiler78 - That advice wouldn't have anything to do with a J193 PCGS P65 Eliasberg, would it??imageimage With the caliber of patterns you have, why would you want a lowly small cent??image

Mike: I suspect (know??) the owner didn't want to part with that schoolgirl. It's a beauty. Ya gotta wonder about middle age men that are into schoolgirls......imageimage
  • RKKayRKKay Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭
    Ya gotta wonder about middle age men that are into schoolgirls......

Gotta love those Schoolgirls.imageimage

Thanks again Rick for another painless transaction!

Tim: You can't have a smooth deal without two. Thanks.

If you need any advice on what to sell I would be happy to help!

I might say the same to you, Mark.image

I noticed the copper schoolgirl pattern that ANR had on the block didn't sell.

Mike: I know for a fact the owner was relieved. He had serious second thoughts.image
  • Pretty! And very cool. Nice pick up.

Myriads
    Rick added a few new patterns to my collection as well. Thanks Rickimage

Lakes- By the time your finished (if you haven't already) you will have the finest set of Flying Eagle and 1858 small cent patterns ever assembled! Thanks for showing me a few pieces of the puzzle
    Boiler:

Those pics turned out pretty good. Are those all pics we took on the bourse or are you taking them on your own now?? Looking forward to seeing pics of the copper 2 center - that is a nice pattern.
    Lakes- I am still trying to get the lighting right with my images but I can actually take a so-so picture with my new cameraimage Thanks for all your help! I may have to take the "refresher" course at the Portland show.image
    Just in case anyone is wondering about our camera/lighting, that IHC is nickel...imageimage
  • RKKayRKKay Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Tim and Mark. I live to find nice patterns for you.image
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey All

while i'm still Pattern-less, it isn't due to lack of want!!image Rick did indeed have some nice beauties for show-and-tell. thanks, Rick, for taking the time to let me flap my jaw and giving the peek at your case. i especially enjoyed the Shield Cent.

it was also nice to meet the new faces and the old. the forum carried the show for me this time around. you guys all rock!!

al h.image
  • I got to see Rick's patterns, I must say my favorites were the Morgan Copper Dime and the Shield Nick on Copper Planchet with Rainbow toning in the shield, that one was awesome!
    -George
    42/92
    My favorite coin at Kays was the cameo proof Morgan in the middle of the caseimageimageimageimage
    Now thats funny!!!image
    keets it was great seeing you again and thanks for showing me your counterstamped Clevelands. Very cool!image

JrGman- Rick did have some neat coins at the show but he left his best stuff at home. The mate to his copper Morgan dime is the 1588 (same design struck in silver) and one of my all time favorite coins with amazing color and surfaces. I also liked the copper Shield nickel so we must have similar tastes.

Lakes- I think that Morgan dollar proof was only in Ricks case for a minute or two. He got way too many compliments on it so he had to put it away!image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file