Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Watch out for JKGill cards, he misrepresents what he sells:

I haven't left him a neg for his deceptively advertised crap because he retaliates: Bad Ebayer

Comments

• Options
    Details??
    I'll take the cards & flowers when I'm living and the BS when I'm dead!

ANGEL OF HOPE

Skip
    TUSTIN CA
  • Options
    Yes deatails and no offense have the balls to neg him. If warranted that is what the feedback system is for.

James
    x
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    All of the negs appear to come from modern card buyers who have reading problems. The descriptions are explicit as is the shipping. The seller hypes his stuff, but what's wrong with that? I don't see any issues here.
  • Options

you have to admit the Walt Disney cut auto cards, authentic sketch cards (above), and authentic film cards are pretty stinkin' cool

man they will make cards of anything nowdays
  • Options

if you were in a hurry and didn't take the time to read you definitely could mistake his auctions for 4 pack junk boxes as being for the card(s) he has listed in the title and scan
  • Options
    DavinoDavino Posts: 333

<< <i>Yes deatails and no offense have the balls to neg him. If warranted that is what the feedback system is for.

James >>

This guy sold me some 2003 topps boxes in which his description said "7 packs per box", and listed all the rare cards that are NOT in retail boxes(which you can/could get at Walmart for $9.99), which is what he was selling without stating that these boxes were retail. He said I should have known from the auction description of "7 packs per box" that he was re-selling crap and defrauding people.

I just was looking through prior threads and decided to respond and clarify my experience with this sloprag so others don't buy from him, he's shady.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pujols card?
    He got a "neutral" for this one and I can kind of see how one would be mislead by the picture as opposed to the description. I have a high school degree and will admit I am subject to "reading pictures" instead of descriptions because I tend to be a "visual" oriented person. I can understand Davino's point on this. Nothing wrong with "hype" but there is a thin line between being "hyped and had".
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    i agree with Vargha..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I recently bought a box of 00/01 SP Authentic cards from this seller. He was a bit rude and sent me several emails that said nothing but "Have you paid for this auction yet?" No auction number, no title, not even a sellers name or date of auction. I didn't respond becaus i thought it was some crap advertising thing or some stupid image waiting to load so I deleted them. I sent him a money order about 2 weeks after the first email (once I realized who it was and realized I in fact had not paid) I usually do so immediately w/ PP but he didn't accept it.

I did get my cards quickly though I don't think I got any FB. Just as well. His boxes aren't searched either, I got a buy-back auto out of my box. He might be shady and rude but I think he has some integrity.

Just my experience with him. Your mileage may vary.

Edited to add: He does hype his boxes an awful lot and he does show hobby boxes but delivers retail. I remember reading his negs after I won. (I sniped the auction I won, hence my not noticing no paypal) I almost bid on a case of Fleer Ultra basketball for about $200 then I realized it was a bunch of blaster boxes. BOO!!! HISS!!! Very tough to tell in the description though and I can understand some people having an issue with that, especially snipers. He does not mention the words "Retail" or booster box anywhere in his auctions, I think he is expecting that a certain percentage will be "...modern collectors who can't read" It will also catch snipers though too... Almost got me and I wasn't shopping for the stuff, just saw it "Going...Going...Gone"
  • Options
    I do not believe that anyone is stupid on these boards, so even if he fooled one of us, that definitely deserves some attention. Showing a pic of a hobby box and delivering a retail box is not just a honest mistake if it happens more than once. He is intentionally doing this for the obvious reasons. I, like Stone, usually look at the pics. That's what they are supposed to be there for. If someone shows a pic of a Jordan rookie, and then sends me '86 Fleer common and says that the Jordan was just an example of what card he was selling, that would go into my book of a$$ipes as shady. It is our responsibility to read, but he is distracting us initially with the false pic.

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?
  • Options
    Yeah, the 46 negatives would have clued me in and I would have avoided the seller at all costs.
    You spilled WHAT on my 1952 Topps Mantle?!?!?! Doh!!

My 1952 Topps Baseball Set
  • Options
    DavinoDavino Posts: 333
    This guy is a crook, plain and simple. He's also an extremely nasty sonofabeatch.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Yup he's rude alright. No argument from me on that one. He certainly is "deceptive enough" too. You know he's banking on people not reading all the way through til the end to realize "Oh geez... this is a retail 19.99 box I can get at WalMart"

Well... Getting hard to see. Splinter Cell took too much of my time tonight.. Geez! Is it 11:30 already? OOh boy..Fiancee is in bed... Didn't even notice. Maybe I'll be sleeping on the couch. image