Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Babe Ruth 1915 M101-5 PSA 4 on Ebay Question

Hello,

I am planning on bidding on the 1915 m101-5 Babe Ruth PSA 4 card on ebay right now and I just ran the certification number which is: 07013789. This number does not appear to be in the PSA database. Can anyone verify the authenticity of this number for me. The
auction is located at the following link:
Babe Ruth M101-5

Every other card for this seller comes up great in the database. The Ruth was graded a while ago and I am confused.

Thanks,

John

Comments

• Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    Ed's a solid seller.
    I would contact him and point this out to him, and have him attempt to get it resolved with PSA.
    Personally I would want a big ticket card like that registered in the database.
    It is not the first case of a card not coming up right, often it seems to be cards graded at shows.
  • Options
    So damn expensive. image
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    but so damn cool image
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    PSA sometimes delists certain serial numbers for problematic cards. For example, PSA grade Star basketball in the early 90s and there still exists a number of Star basketball cards in the old PSA holders. When I punch in the PSA seriual numbers, however, that come back as invalid on the PSA database.

Not sure whether the Ruth card is a card that PSA has deemed to be problematic. Someone should call PSA.

• Options
    Seems like an awfully large stain on the back for a PSA 4
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    Why is there no "ST" qualifier?

• Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭
    I did a search on this seller other auctions and he has some
    amazing cards for sale right now, as well as this Ruth card.

T206 Ty Cobb w/ Cobb back PSA 1
    T206 Plank PSA 2
    1915 Cracker Jack Ed Walsh PSA 9
    Bill Russell RC PSA 8
    1915 Cracker Jack Cobb PSA 5
    T206 Magee (Magie) PSA 2
    and the list goes on with several more Ruth's, etc.

Even for a big dealer, this is a tremendous run of rare cards
    this guy is selling right now.

• Options
    unishipuniship Posts: 490 ✭✭
    That card kicks serious arse. Throw the SMR out on that one - incredible card! I would love to say "yeah, I own a Babe Ruth rookie!" Too bad I am not worth "one billion dollars" (said like Dr. Evil)
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭
    Forget ST, how about an OC qualiifer? That thing is almost miscut. Pretty ugly for a 4.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."