Home U.S. Coin Forum

Blast White or Las Vegas style ?

I told myself I'd never get into Morgans just because they were so common. Guess what? A death in the family has resulted in my acquiring a really nice bunch of Morgans (some Peace dollars, Walkers, Frankies and a GALLON JAR OF NOTHING BUT WHEAT CENTS!)

I'm very excited about the new 'hoard'.

Here's the nucleus of my topic: I really prefer the honest toning and 'patina' of Morgans that actually saw some use rather than the "blast white" that so many exhibit (having spent their youth in a bag in the mint).

There's a lot of beauty in these pieces that (to me) seems to be accentuated by the toning and, er grime accumulated through circulation. Mine range from VF to AU, but many are black and white.

Which do you prefer? Blast white or Las Vegas style?

Just wondering.

The Body of Benjamin Franklin Printer (Like the cover of an old book Its contents torn out and stript of its lettering and gilding) lies here, food for worms.
But the work shall not be lost for it will (as he believed) appear once more in a new and more elegant edition revised and corrected
by The Author.

(Ben's epitaph)

Comments

• I like 'em Mardi Gras style. image

• BLAST WHITE in slabs...Vegas style RAW...image Vegas is where granma got her hoard of Morgans.
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • CladiatorCladiator Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like 'em blast white...but that's just me...sure is a HUGE market for those sweet toners!
  • I like em either way, just wish I would have bought some of them toners back in the mid to late 90's when they did not catch as much of a premium as today.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file