Home U.S. Coin Forum

How do I pay for an ANR winning bid?

ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭
Forgive me if this is a stupid question:

I won this in their recent Classics Sale. I have not, however, received an email or any postage requesting payment. Furthermore, there is no place on their website where I can pay for this item. Besides having to call them from work image, is there another way to pay?

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!

Comments

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Nothing in the "Your Account" section?

Russ, NCNE
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭
    "Nothing in the "Your Account" section?"

Nope! Incredible isn't it?
    Can anyone help me?

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Maybe they're a little behind posting invoices.

Russ, NCNE
  • sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    maybe someone else won it image

If the close was your max bid - it is possible that another bidder had a higher max bid and got it for yours
    Russ,

I can see that I won the item under the "Your Account" section. However, there's no place to pay for the item.

Do you know for a fact that ANR sends out invoices? I've never won an item from them before.
    sinin1,

No that couldn't have happened since the hammer price was about 60% of my max. However, it did occur to me that a computer glitch may have mishandled my bid. After checking their website, I can see that I did indeed win the item. The problem is that there are no instructions on what to do next.

• caitlincaitlin Posts: 858 ✭✭✭
    Shamika
    Don't worry they will send an invoice out along with the coin soon. Most likely you'll receive an email on Monday. At least that's how I've always recieve my winnings. Oh by the way, NICE coin. VERY NICE.image
    A collector of high grade TONED BUFFALO NICKELS ,working on a PCGS REGISTRY SET.
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful looking coin, never seen a mintmark like that, maybe my computer?--------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
    Oh by the way, NICE coin. VERY NICE.

Thanks caitlin, that's certainly high praise coming from you.

I'm worried, however, that there's something I'm not seeing on the coin as the hammer price was far less than it should have been.

never seen a mintmark like that, maybe my computer?

BigE, It's not uncommon to see the mintmark looking like this on dies that erode.
  • They'll send you a bill. You pay it.
    imageimage
    A collector of high grade TONED BUFFALO NICKELS ,working on a PCGS REGISTRY SET.
    Yep, I received an invoice today! Thanks guys.

I'm worried, however, that there's something I'm not seeing on the coin as the hammer price was far less than it should have been.

The only thing I can see that might deter someone from bidding is the die crack the runs along the top side of LIBERTY.( Which I kind of like) Also the nick on the lip and cheek, which you may never see unless under magnification. This coin is still the best looking 28s ms64 I've seen, solid for the grade, and is an potential upgrade coin. I don't think you'll be disatisfied. image
    caitlin,

I've never had problems with die cracks either, unless they are very distracting. Besides, on most 1928-S Buffalos grading 64, LIBERTY blends into the rim so I'll take a stong LIBERTY with a die crack running through it any day of the week.

Thanks again for your knowledgeable input. image
  • My old blue sheet says $770 in that grade. Still an excellent price for that PQ coin but not so cheap to raise suspicion.
    "My old blue sheet says $770 in that grade. Still an excellent price for that PQ coin but not so cheap to raise suspicion."

agentjim007,

How old is old? Regardless, I appreciate you sharing this information.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file