Home U.S. Coin Forum

Ebay finally doing something good with Feedback Features

goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
copied from their site..

As previewed 11/26/03, soon eBay will be introducing Member Profile, a new hub that provides buyers and sellers with a member’s reputation on eBay. From feedback scores and comments to the member’s registration location and other items sold, the Member Profile includes vital information that enables eBay members to gauge the reputation of potential trading partners.

The Member Profile, previously referred to as ‘feedback profile’, includes design changes to feedback aimed at making buying and selling decisions easier than ever. The new features include:

* New layout for feedback score and rating table numbers.
* New tabs for different types of feedback, enabling members to evaluate “Feedback from Buyers”, “Feedback from Sellers”, and “Feedback left for Others”.
* New positive, neutral and negative icons to make it easy for people to scan feedback.
* New pagination model that uses significantly less screen space.

IT"S ABOUT TIME THEY MAKE NEGATIVES VIEWABLE VIA LINK!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭
    I agree. Negative feedback is the first thing I check and their response to it.

Overall, sounds like a "good thing".
  • RampageRampage Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭✭
    Wonderful news! That means when a person has 1,000 pages of feedback with 20 negs spread throughout, I don't have to search every page. image

Thanks for posting this.
  • nepbrs44nepbrs44 Posts: 600 ✭✭
    That is great to hear!!!!! I too look at the negative responses also before deciding to bid. image
    Bill.

Bust Half & FSB Merc Collector
  • I won't trust Ebay unless they take responsibility for Fraudulent schemes. I lost about 10K on a fraud. On the whole, this seller has swindled 100K from innocent buyers who just saw his feedbacks which were good about 400 +ve with 16 -ves. But on closer look, he was sending items that were in smaller denomination and getting good feedbacks, while coning people on the bigger ticket items like suisse gold.

And this fraud had registered his address out of a motel. Can't ebay verify that ? Strange that this guy was allowed to sell items from an address at a motel.

They have to make arrangements for some kind of a value based feedback.

SquareTrade and Ebay fraud claims are practically useless. Ebay won't reveal the identity of the con man for privacy concerns, and they refund only $175 per auction, even if its a dutch auction.

Glad to hear it! I see I'm not the only one who's annoyed by having to search for the negatives among a large sea of feedback...

Tim
  • nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    I ALWAYS check negatives, even tho' it takes forever on a large feedback file. So, this certainly looks like a step in the right direction.image
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>IT"S ABOUT TIME THEY MAKE NEGATIVES VIEWABLE VIA LINK!!!!!!!!! >>

I don't think that's what it says. It looks like they're just adding icons next to the comment itself for the three types to make it "easier" to scan the history.

Russ, NCNE
  • krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Like Russ said, they aren't separating the negs, just putting icons next to them.

There is a third-party service that will do it for you at vrane.com which used to be free but still is pretty cheap. You buy 500 "credits" for $7.99, and each credit is good for reviewing up to 900 feedback comments, and showing you only the negs and neutrals. The credits can be used for their other ebay-centric services as well.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    that sucks!
    I must have read it wrong or read it with some wishful thinking.

how dare they do something useful.
  • BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    I use Safe2bid to scan feedback. It does all the parsing and just lists the negs and neutrals with their comments. Also does an auction history, looking for shills. I check every seller before bidding. Great investment for the money.
    Details here.
    Disclaimer - I'm just a satisfied ustomer and have no interest in the software or company that makes it.
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    HMM...there is something interesting showing up next to the feedback number:

<< <i>(0 mutually withdrawn) >>

Maybe eBay is changing their stance on removal?

Russ, NCNE
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Russ,

I think it means that if two parties leave retaliatoy negs, they can agree to remove them, and then neither will show up...
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • LokiLoki Posts: 897 ✭✭
    Barry. I just tried to download that prog and the page isn't found. Looks like they yanked the download.

Ahh, here's a working link.
  • RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    Well, the new feedback page is up and there is no link to bring up solely negative feedback ... you still have to wade through page after page. The only difference, really, is the segregation of feedback as a buyer and seller.
  • Yes,still looks like you have to search all feedback.Don't like the layout,but I guess I'll get used to it.Some thing else I noticed.I was a member since August of 02 now I'm a member since Jan 4 04.I hope they fix that.image
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭
    I've been complaining to eBay for years about having to page through line after line of "Great ebayer. A++++" to find a sellers negs.

How hard can it be to make all of the negs visible on a single page?
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    How hard can it be to make all of the negs visible on a single page?
    Well, if you can see someone's negs easily, you might not bid on the item you're looking at. If you don't bid, eBay doesn't make more money. If they make it a pain in the @$$ for you to see the negs, you might shrug your shoulders and bid anyway. If you do that, they make money.

In all reality, the feedback forum is a sham. eBay really doesn't care. They have the feedback forum so that they can say "we do care" and they can hide behind it and say "look, we're just a forum for buyers and sellers, but as a courtesy we do provide this nice feedback forum so that you can investigate who you're buying from. So, it's your responsibility not ours!"

Then, they make it a pain in the @$$ to actually leave negs when they're warranted because you have to be afraid of recieving a retaliatory neg. So most people won't leave negs. Then, eBay can point to their feedback forum and tell the media, "look, 99.9% of the transactions are positive, eBay is a safe happy place to play. And while you're here don't forget to put in lots of bids so we can make more money!".

OK, well I guess I'm done being on the soapbox for now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file