Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2003 Bowman Chrome #1/170 set?!

Comments

• Options
    They still make Bowman chrome? I've definitely been away from modern cards for a while.
  • Options

it got 'com'piled into the back of an employee's car at the topps factory

no other way, there's no way someone would have not only been lucky enough to find all those cards serial #'d 001 but also spend that much money and then stupidly put it back on ebay knowing they're not going to get half what they had to pay
  • Options
    They are either fakes or he bribed someone at Topps.
  • Options
    Was there a redemption card for a complete set? That is very possible. I agree, I see no other way.

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Get a clue before you go making stupid statements...

<< <i>They are either fakes or he bribed someone at Topps. >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options

<< <i>Get a clue before you go making stupid statements...

<< <i>They are either fakes or he bribed someone at Topps. >>

>>

That was uncalled for.
  • Options
    I actually believe that there is a redemption card, but did you show proof of this somewhere that I missed?

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?
  • Options
    Just got a response from the seller.

It is in fact from a redemption card (1 of 2 apparently). He was the first to send it in.

Quite a set indeed.
  • Options
    JmnesqJmnesq Posts: 250 ✭✭
    THere were 10 redemption cards made as per Topps.
    Jeff

Collecting Bowman Chrome Phillies Rookie Cards and Mike Schmidt certified auto cards.