Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1949 Bowmans

Oh man... picked up mail last night and got my very first 1949 Bowman card... started with #1 Vern Bickford, PSA 5. A nicely centered card and actually, the set is starting to grow on me (though the 1950 set will always be my favorite).

Anyone out there know of any dealers that have mid grade versions available (before I start checking myself)?

I think RobE is the one with a pretty high end set... I couldn't find it listed on the registry... Rob, you still have singles available?

Comments

• jay has some at qualitycards.com
  • VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Get them on eBay. They are very reasonable in PSA 7 and less.
  • helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    When I started accumulating the 49 Bowman set I was fascinated by the 2-color printing (still am). In the end I decided I like the full-color sets better, at least in terms of picking a set to build, but the 49s definitely have their attractions and they are from the Forties, which is kind of cool in itself.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • helionaut-

I just realized you're the seller I won the bickford from! Thanks again for the quick shipping (as well as it being well packaged)! Wish me luck in my quest!
  • Do you mean me? Or was it Rob E?

I have a partial 1949 Bowman Set that is graded PSA-7 & 8. I do have a couple double available in PSA-6 or 7.

Drop me an email if you would care to chat about it.

rruth@comcast.net

Thanks
    Rob Ruth
  • TrevmoTrevmo Posts: 201 ✭✭
    I like the 49 Bowman set as well. I am trying to collect the set in nicely centered PSA 5's only. I am not trying to make any profit on this set and simply want to build it for the challenge and something to give to my kids someday. Any help on finding PSA 5's would be nice especially Jack Kramer #53. Thanks

Trevmo

Collecting Ozzie Smith PSA 10's and 1949 Bowman PSA 5's
    Collecting Ozzie Smith PSA 10's, 1949 Bowman PSA 5's, and 1949 Bowman PCL'S in any grade!
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have a nicely centered Snider 8 for sale?
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • I have a large number of 1949 bowman psa 5, 6 and 7s in my extras set. I have #53 in a psa-6.
    You can contact me at Jamesf695@yahoo.com (Lt. Jim Filippello)
    My 49 bowman sets are on the registry my master set is ranked #5 , regular set is #7 and my extras are at #15. I have many star and hard to find cards you may be interested in. Hope this helps. Jim