Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Lincolns just back from grading at PCGS.....

Thanks again to all of you "experts" who gave me their opinion about a month ago on the three Lincolns that I sent in to be graded at PCGS. I did send them in to be graded...AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT...they came back with higher grades than the "average" of all of your opinions. 1909-S came back as a F-12 (everyone was dead on for this one).......1914-D came back as a VG-10 (most thought VG-8).....and the 1931-S came back as a AU-55 (most thought XF-45)!!! How often does THIS happen...probably never again, right? My first experience with PCGS was very + and it looks like my coins are on their way back to me now.... thanks again everyone....

Toby

Comments

• Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations! For grading from a picture, if a person is within a single grade (i.e. AU-55 for AU-58), then I would consider it dead on too. It is good NOT to have any body bags. My first experience was also with a Lincoln cent (1909-s-VDB) and it was bodybagged for questionable color.

Tom
    Tom

• Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Its extremely diffulcult to make a 'expert' call from images........

Often when folks show their images they get opinons that vary widely.....

want better opinions on your coins, next time send em postage paid to each member for a assessment...

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    ellewood
    For your first try,you did well.Even the best pics don't tell the whole story.I'm very happy for you!
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, and welcome to the boards. (I must have missed you in December)
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    Congrats Ellewood and Welcome to the boardsimage
    Michael

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file