Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is it worht it to pay an extra $100 per indoor table at Hollywood Park?

I think we got 4 outside tables for like $435 outside and it would've been about $850 to get 4 tables inside at the February 6-8 Hollywood Park show. I was thinking of going inside, but the guys I'm heading down with wanted outside so I agreed. Do most collectors go through all the outdoor and indoor tables, or am I endangering missing a bunch of business outdoors? I don't have high end stuff, mostly bringing Bowman Chrome Rookies, so it's not like I'll have $10000 Mantles on my tables. Any information would be helpful, stop by and say Hi if you're coming to the show.
Thanks,
Jason
Baseball Card Heaven, the closest card shop to the Las Vegas Strip.

Our current ebay auctions, and of course BaseBallCardHeaven.com

Comments

• Options
    is there info on the show available onlilne?
  • Options
    Will you be bringing any 80's Topps/OPC hockey wax?
  • Options
    At the last Hollywood Park show there didn't seem to be as much foot traffic outdoors as there was indoors. It wasn't that much of a difference though. Good advantage to outdoor is could grab the people sitting around the eating/rest tables. Maybe have some wax boxes viewable for people to bust while resting at the tables?
    Looking for Los Angeles/California/Anaheim Angels in PSA 8 or better
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    The outdoor tables are usually the Nascar, Beanie baby and hotwheels guys and people selling really new stuff. However, the show is small enough that I can't imagine not walking past every table. You will have more room outside for people to really look, so I'd pack it with inventory and see how you like it.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Whether it would be worth it IMO would depend in large part on where indoors your tables were - the back left side (viewed from the entrance) near the PSA table is not much different than outside in terms of foot traffic. One of the larger modern wax dealers at the show usually has the tables just outside the doors (the dealer's back is to the wall), so if you're bringing a lot of modern wax, you'll have nearby competition.

There are a few vintage dealers outside (including some who specializes in memorabilia and oddball items), and several modern dealers, so you won't be alone, but the outside tables are what people tend to hit after they have already walked through the interior of the show.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    You freaks do card shows outside?

• Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    murcerfan - we can do that in Southern California. image
    Actually, it is a large roofed patio that is closed off from the elements by clear plastic tarps - and it allows us a view of the track (and some of the shows are held on race days).

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    Giddy-up
  • Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    I'd say it is worth the extra money. At the last show, the inside traffic was at least double the outside traffic, and the people outside were mostly eating at the tables or browsing with wallets in pocket. I wish you luck though, and I'll be sure to stop by and say hi.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...