Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is it true they are going to stop minting the ASG in 2006?

Someone told me this and I was wondering if it was true.

Comments

• Options
    ASE
  • Options
    BubbleheadBubblehead Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    Ooohhh no... They can't do it! Whatever for?
  • Options
    never
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • Options
    Where/Who is your source for this rumor?
    Formely known as kamehameha00
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Don't see why they would, they still make money on them.
  • Options
    A coin dealer from NY called and wanted me to buy Morgans...I siad I didnt want any at this time...He said well how about some SAE, I said I had them all and did not want any more...then he told me the mint had planned on stopping the minting of them in 2006...This is why I ask, has anyone heard this rumor?
  • Options
    Yeah, my Ford dealer told me they were going to stop making the Mustang next year.
    Guess I'd better buy two or three !!!
  • Options
    nepbrs44nepbrs44 Posts: 600 ✭✭
    imageimageimage
    Bill.

Bust Half & FSB Merc Collector
  • Options
    nepbrs44nepbrs44 Posts: 600 ✭✭
    Sorry .............just laughing at Skipper53's answer.....good one. It's amazing how salesman will do anything to make a sale. ( And I'm in sales!)
    Bill.

Bust Half & FSB Merc Collector
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Well dlimb, did you tell him that they quit making SBA's twenty years ago and they are still not worth anythingimage(just kidding)---------------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    No I just wanted him off the phone...would not buy a damn thing from anyone over the phone...must be kinda desperate in my opinion to have to call people out of state especially from MY to try to sell them coins...real funny!
  • Options
    That was NY, my fingers have typing problems.
  • Options
    While I'm no dealer, I understand that the mint charges $1.25 over spot and they require a huge order to even sell to specified dealers.

Hmmm, let's see $1.25 profit per times what, a million or more of them annually. Not to mention the huge mark up on the proofs.

Oh yeah, I can see stopping that program immediatly.... image
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    Actually the mint makes about 9 to 10 million of them a year recently.
  • Options
    Well the reason the guy calls me is that when I first started buying coins, I purchased a few from him...then when I got them..I said to myself, self why did you do that!!!! I did get some nice coins but I thought he was kinda high...though they have gone up since I bought them...now he calls me every year...I just tell him I have hit hard times and have no money...and can not afford to purchase anymore coins...thinking he will get the drift one of these years.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file