Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

FUN show Thursday 1/8/04: any reports on activity?

What's happening at FUN show Thursday? Any reports? I will be there tomorrow and will comment tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Here's my report. I just got into town and drive past the convention center. Man! That's a big place. wonder how long it's going to take me to find the right entrance.

End of Report.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Frank the poodlehumper and Heath called this morning to gloat that he found some very nice SMS sets!!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    MercMerc Posts: 1,646 ✭✭
    There were lots of people where I was there (from 12 to 4pm), but it was more crowded last year.

I set up my exhibit, Proof coinage of the 1940's. It is a colorful exhibit with the pictures. Take a look if you go to the show. It is in the first row of exhibits on the far left side of the hall.

Then I attended a counterfeit detection seminar given by Mike Faraone of ANACS. It was great with slides and he passed around about 40 nice counterfeits. Some I could tell from reading the PCGS grading book and Bill Fivaz's book. The gold counterfeits were too tough for me. I'll have to study that area if I ever get into gold. Around 40 people attended.

I only went to a few dealers' tables. There were many nice coins, but I don't have money this time of year. It is a new semester and I just had to pay tuition.
    Looking for a coin club in Maryland? Try:
    FrederickCoinClub

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file